Charlotte Flair talked about replacing Becky Lynch against Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35 Naomi & Carmella def. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville and The IIconics - Rose & Deville enter first in the Elimination Chamber Match Tempers flared between Shane McMahon & The Miz and The Usos on “McMiz TV” Randy Orton won the Gauntlet Match to earn the right to be the last to enter the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match this Sunday Match also included Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston (which lasted over an hour), Jeff Hardy, Saoma Joe, and AJ Sytles.
TUESDAY, FEB 5 ANGEL OF THE WINDS ARENA EVERRETT, WA
Becky Lynch slapped Triple H during a volatile confrontation Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson Randy Orton def. Mustafa Ali “The New” Daniel Bryan rallied against his placement in the Elimination Chamber Match Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville def. Naomi & Carmella and The IIconics Jeff Hardy def. “The New” Daniel Bryan via disqualification
TUESDAY, JAN 29 TALKING STICK RESORT ARENA PHOENIX, AZ
Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair got into a chaotic brawl to kick off SmackDown LIVE R-Truth def. Shinsuke Nakamura to win the United States Championship United States Champion R-Truth def. Rusev Andrade attacked Rey Mysterio before his match with Samoa Joe Shane McMahon & The Miz threw The Best Championship Celebration in the World The Usos def. The Bar, Heavy Machinery and The New Day to earn a SmackDown Tag Team Titles opportunity at WWE Elimination Chamber Triple H makes WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match after chaos erupts during Bryan’s new WWE Title unveiling
TUESDAY, JAN 22 INTRUST BANK ARENA WICHITA, KS
Asuka, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair engaged in an intense standoff Mandy Rose def. Naomi Cesaro def. The Miz Mr. McMahon moderated a raucous face-to-face between “The New” Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles Samoa Joe def. Mustafa Ali Rey Mysterio def. Andrade in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match via disqualification when Samoa Joe interfered
TUESDAY, JAN 15 LEGACY ARENA BIRMINGHAM, AL
The IIconics interrupted a standoff between Asuka and Becky Lynch Becky Lynch def. Peyton Royce Asuka def. Billie Kay AJ Styles and “The New” Daniel Bryan threw down in the concourse Samoa Joe heinously assaulted Mustafa Ali prior to their scheduled match Andrade def. Rey Mysterio The Bar interrupted The Miz’s “Bestie Birthday Bash” for Shane McMahon The Miz def. Sheamus
TUESDAY, JAN 8 JACKSONVILLE VETERANS MEMORIAL ARENA JACKSONVILLE, FL
R-Truth ambushed “The New” Daniel Bryan to kick off SmackDown LIVE “The New” Daniel Bryan def. R-Truth Andrade “Cien” Almas & Samoa Joe def. Rey Mysterio & Mustafa Ali Shinsuke Nakamura blindsided Rusev in the backstage area The Bar def. The Usos Becky Lynch def. Charlotte Flair and Carmella to earn the right to challenge SmackDown Women’s Champion Asuka at Royal Rumble
TUESDAY, JAN 1 PPG PAINTS ARENA PITTSBURGH, PA
The New Day kicked off 2019 with a New Year Celebration Samoa Joe def. Jeff Hardy to earn the final slot in the Fatal 5-Way Match Shinsuke Nakamura attacked United States Champion Rusev Sonya Deville def. Naomi Becky Lynch interrupted John Cena John Cena & Becky Lynch def. Andrade “Cien” Almas & Zelina Vega AJ Styles def. Rey Mysterio, Mustafa Ali, Randy Orton & Samoa Joe to earn a WWE Championship Match at Royal Rumble
TUESDAY, DEC 25
“The New” Daniel Bryan had no patience for Truthy Claus and CARMelfA’s holiday glee Mustafa Ali def. Andrade “Cien” Almas The Usos & Gallows & Anderson def. The Bar & SAnitY Shane McMahon finally agreed to team up with The Miz on “Miz TV” Samoa Joe def. Jeff Hardy via disqualification Rusev def. Shinsuke Nakamura to win the United States Championship AJ Styles attacked Mr. McMahon
TUESDAY, DEC 18 SAVE MART CENTER FRESNO, CA
Mr. McMahon created an opportunity in the SmackDown LIVE Women’s division SmackDown Women’s Champion Asuka def. Naomi Samoa Joe’s “apology” to Jeff Hardy quickly turned chaotic The Miz & Mandy Rose def. R-Truth & Carmella SAnitY brutally attacked The Usos and Gallows & Anderson AJ Styles & Mustafa Ali def. “The New” Daniel Bryan & Andrade “Cien” Almas
TUESDAY, DEC 11 T-MOBILE ARENA LAS VEGAS, NV
WWE Champion Daniel Bryan def. Mustafa Ali The rap battle between The Bar and The Usos descended into chaos Shane McMahon & The Miz def. The Vegas Boys Rey Mysterio attacked Randy Orton with a steel chair Rusev & Jeff Hardy def. U.S. Champion Shinsuke Nakamura & Samoa Joe Asuka def. Charlotte Flair via Disqualification
TUESDAY, DEC 4 FRANK ERWIN CENTER AUSTIN, TX
The Women’s Triple Threat TLC Match Contract Signing transformed into girl interrupted Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville def. Charlotte Flair & Asuka Jey Uso def. Xavier Woods and Cesaro in a Triple Threat Match AJ Styles confronted WWE Champion Daniel Bryan on “Miz TV” Randy Orton def. Jeff Hardy AJ Styles def. The Miz
TUESDAY, NOV 27 TARGET CENTER MINNEAPOLIS, MN
A major SmackDown Women’s Championship Match was announced for WWE TLC The Usos def. The Bar AJ Styles returned to SmackDown LIVE with impassioned words Shinsuke Nakamura attacked Rusev before their match began Samoa Joe crashed Jeff Hardy’s 20th Anniversary Celebration Kofi Kingston def. The Miz Randy Orton once again viciously attacked Rey Mysterio Asuka won the Nine-Woman Battle Royal to be added to the SmackDown Women’s Championship TLC Match
TUESDAY, NOV 20 STAPLES CENTER LOS ANGELES, CA
Charlotte Flair addressed her shocking Survivor Series actions Charlotte Flair def. Billie Kay Charlotte Flair def. Peyton Royce via disqualification Shane McMahon and The Miz teamed up in a tag bout after “Miz TV” The New Day def. The Bar & Big Show in a Thanksgiving Feast Fight Asuka & Naomi def. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville Daniel Bryan pronounced The “Yes!” Movement dead Randy Orton def. Rey Mysterio
TUESDAY, NOV 13 ENTERPRISE CENTER ST. LOUIS, MO
WWE Champion AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan got into a massive brawl Jeff Hardy def. Andrade “Cien” Almas Rey Mysterio def. The Miz to remain on Team SmackDown at Survivor Series Becky Lynch hand-picked Charlotte Flair to replace her at Survivor Series The Bar & Big Show def. The New Day Daniel Bryan def. AJ Styles to win the WWE Championship
Tuesday, Nov 6 Manchester Arena Manchester, England
Shane McMahon and Paige chose the captains for the SmackDown LIVE Men’s Survivor Series team The Usos def. The New Day to become the captains of the SmackDown LIVE Tag Team Survivor Series team Becky Lynch’s harsh words for Ronda Rousey led to an unexpected challenger Becky Lynch def. Nikki Cross Rey Mysterio def. Andrade “Cien” Almas A brawl broke out during the SmackDown LIVE Women’s Survivor Series team reveal Samoa Joe def. Jeff Hardy to join the SmackDown LIVE Men’s Survivor Series team
Tuesday, Oct 30 Philips Arena Atlanta, GA
AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan engage in a war of words that leads to a blockbuster match WWE Champion AJ Styles def. Daniel Bryan before Samoa Joe savagely took out both Big E def. Cesaro in a Trick or Street Fight Shinsuke Nakamura def. R-Truth Becky Lynch promised to rip Ronda Rousey’s arm off at Survivor Series Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy def. Randy Orton & The Miz
Tuesday, Oct 23 Prudential Center Newark, NJ
Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston ended in a no-contest The Usos def. AJ Styles & Daniel Bryan The Miz and Rey Mysterio got into it on “Miz TV,” leading to an impromptu match Rey Mysterio def. The Miz Dancing and destruction arose ahead of the Women’s Battle Royal at WWE Evolution Shane McMahon got the WWE Universe amped for the WWE World Cup to determine the best in the world Randy Orton def. Jeff Hardy
Tuesday, Oct 16 Capital One Arena Washington, DC
Mr. McMahon made a surprise appearance during “Truth TV” The Usos def. Daniel Bryan & AJ Styles Evolution’s reunion ended on a tense note The Miz def. Rusev to qualify for the WWE World Cup Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair exchange jaw-dropping words on “The Cutting Edge” The Bar def. The New Day to win the SmackDown Tag Team Titles Rey Mysterio def. Shinsuke Nakamura to qualify for the WWE World Cup The Undertaker returned to SmackDown LIVE with an ominous message for DX
Tuesday, Oct 9 Bankers Life Fieldhouse Indianapolis, IN
SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair ended in a double count-out Jeff Hardy def. Samoa Joe to qualify for the WWE World Cup AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan joined “Miz TV” AJ Styles def. Shelton Benjamin Aiden English presented the rest of “One Night in Milwaukee” Randy Orton def. Big Show to qualify for the WWE World Cup
Tuesday, Oct 2 Moda Center Portland, OR
AJ Styles addressed Samoa Joe after his heinous actions from last week R-Truth & Carmella def. Andrade “Cien” Almas & Zelina Vega The Bar interrupted The New Day’s cooking show Randy Orton savagely beat down Tye Dillinger Aiden English revealed salacious video of him with Lana Shelton Benjamin def. Daniel Bryan Asuka def. Peyton Royce Charlotte Flair ruined Becky Lynch’s WWE Super Show-Down Surprise
Tuesday, Sep 25 Pepsi Center Denver, CO
The Miz crashed “Truth TV” while Daniel Bryan was being interviewed The Miz def. R-Truth Sheamus def. Big E Aiden English made wild accusations about Lana Asuka & Naomi def. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville Tye Dillinger def. Shinsuke Nakamura via disqualification after Randy Orton attacked Dillinger Becky Lynch def. Lana Samoa Joe invaded AJ Styles’ home during their WWE Super Show-Down contract signing
Tuesday, Sep 18
Daniel Bryan raided “Miz TV” with Miz and Maryse Cesaro def. Kofi Kingston United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura def. Rusev AJ Styles def. Andrade “Cien” Almas Asuka def. Billie Kay Becky Lynch made an emphatic statement during her SmackDown Women’s Championship coronation
WWE Smackdown Live Results 9/11/18
— Smackdown opened with a tribute to those we lost on 9/11. 1. Jeff Hardy defeated Shinsuke Nakamura. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate on Nakamura and climbed to the top rope for the Swanton Bomb. Randy Orton knocked him off the rope, causing the disqualification. Orton attacked him with a chair before Hardy turned the tide, hitting him with the chair and connecting on the Swanton Bomb. — Maryse and Miz cut a promo on Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella. — AJ Styles talked about what he’s going to do to Samoa Joe at Hell in a Cell in an empty arena before Smackdown. 2. Charlotte defeated Sonya Deville. Charlotte tapped out Deville with the Figure Eight. After the match, Becky Lynch in disguise attacked Charlotte. — Samoa Joe cut a promo on AJ Styles, reading story time ahead of their WWE title match at Hell in a Cell. 3. No. 1 contender’s match for the Smackdown Tag Team titles: Rusev Day defeated The Bar. Aiden English took the Brogue Kick, allowing Rusev to hit the Machka Kick for the pinfall victory. Rusev Day will face the New Day at Hell in a Cell for the tag team titles. 4. Andrade Cien Almas defeated R-Truth. Almas rolled up R-Truth after he was distracted by Carmella attacking Zelina Vega. — Asuka and Naomi made fun of the IIconics backstage. 5. Brie Bella defeated Maryse. Bella locked in the Yes Lock, and Miz pulled her out of the ring off of Maryse to cause the disqualification. Bryan attacked Miz, who threw him out of the ring into Bella. After a wild brawl, Bella closed the show by punching Miz in the face.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 9/4/18
— Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella opened Smackdown Live with a recap of last week’s beatdown. The Miz and Maryse filmed a callout to Bryan and Bella in an empty arena before Smackdown. Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega interrupted Bryan and Bella, leading to a rematch from last week. 1. Daniel Bryan defeated Andrade “Cien” Almas. Bryan pinned Almas after hitting the running knee. Bella attacked Vega after the match. Miz and Maryse got on the Jumbotron after the match and said Bryan and Bella would have to wait until Hell in a Cell to fight. — Becky Lynch and Becky Lynch were interviewed from separate locations. 2. Naomi defeated Peyton Royce. Billie Kay attacked Naomi after the bell and Asuka made the save after returning to television. — Samoa Joe says his threat of showing up at AJ Styles’ house kept the champ at home. Styles ran out and attacked Joe, sending him retreating up the entrance ramp. 3. Rusev Day defeated SaniTY and The Usos for a chance to face the New Day at Hell in a Cell. Rusev hit Eric Young with the Machka Kick for the pinfall. After the match, the Bar squared off with Rusev Day ahead of next week’s No. 1 contender’s match. 4. R-Truth defeated The Miz. The Miz set up for the Skull Crushing Finale, but Daniel Bryan’s music played. R-Truth rolled up Miz for the pinfall victory. After the match, Bryan and Brie Bella attacked Miz and Maryse. Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega made the save, allowing Miz and Maryse to escape. Bella and Bryan reversed Almas and Vega’s attack, locking in dual YES locks. Miz started to make the save, but thought twice and escaped back up the ramp.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 8/28/18
— New Day opened the show celebrating their fifth tag team title reign. King Booker hit the ring and welcomes them to the five-time championship club before each of them try to do the Spin-a-Roonie. The New Day joined commentary for the following first of two triple-threat tag team match to name the No. 1 contender for the Smackdown Tag Team Title match at Hell in a Cell. 1. Cesaro and Sheamus defeated The Club and The Colons. Cesaro got the blind tag as the Colons hit Luke Gallows with a double backstabber. Cesaro and Sheamus cleared the ring and took the pinfall victory. They then tossed the pancakes from the announce table and mocked the New Day. — Paige announced Rusev and Aiden English would compete in next week’s triple-threat tag team match against the Usos and SaniTY. The winner of that match will face off against The Bar for the chance to wrestle the New Day at Hell in a Cell for the tag titles. — A recap video of last week’s brawl between Charlotte and Becky Lynch played. Charlotte vs. Carmella was announced in a rematch for the Smackdown Women’s Championship was announced for later in the night. — Jeff Hardy hit the ring with face paint that spelled out RKO on his cheek. He said Orton was in his head, and they replayed the video from last week with Hardy Swanton Bombing Orton through a table. Orton came out and said to refer to him as R-K, and Hardy cut him off by yelling “NO,” before saying he’d face him in the Hell in a Cell at this year’s event. 2. Billie Kay defeated Naomi. Peyton Royce kicked Naomi in the face while the ref was distracted, leading to a rollup victory by Kay. — Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella called The Miz a coward. Brie said it felt good to punch The Miz when Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega interrupted them. That led to Almas vs. Bryan. 3. Daniel Bryan defeated Andrade Cien Almas. Bryan had Almas in the Yes Lock when Maryse came down to the ring and attacked Brie. Bryan let go and went to check on her when Miz attacked Bryan, causing the disqualification. Almas hit the Hammerlock DDT, then Miz held Bryan in the crossface while Vega and Maryse attacked Brie. Miz then then hit the Skull Crushing Finale on Bryan. — AJ Styles recapped Samoa Joe’s attack from last week. Joe got on the phone with AJ’s wife and said maybe he’d stop by next week for the back-to-school BBQ next week. Styles exited the ring and headed to the back to look for Joe to no avail. 4. Smackdown Women’s Championship: Charlotte (c) defeated Carmella. Charlotte hit Natural Selection, then rolled into the Figure Eight, forcing Carmella to tap out. Becky Lynch hit the ring and attacked Charlotte from behind after the match. Becky grabbed the mic and said at Hell in a Cell, she’s taking her title back.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 8/21/18
— The Miz came out and tearfully announced his retirement, then he revealed that he meant his retirement from ever fighting Daniel Bryan again. Bryan came out and repeated called him a coward. When Maryse started insulting Bryan, Brie Bella ran out. Maryse rolled out of the ring, so Brie threw hands at the Miz instead. Then, Bryan revealed that Paige has already scheduled a Mixed Tag Match between the two couples for Hell in a Cell. Backstage, a livid Miz found Paige and complained about what had happened, but she was unsympathetic and confirmed that the match is on. 1. Randy Orton defeated Jeff Hardy by disqualification. Jeff apparently snapped and stomped Randy in the crotch, causing the ref to call for the bell. The two brawled after the match, with Jeff getting the upper hand and then leaping off of a road case to swanton bomb Orton through a table. — Renee was interviewing The Bar backstage about their ambitions for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships when Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson interrupted. This set up a match for next week. 2. Peyton Royce defeated Naomi. Peyton pinned Naomi after a bridging fisherman’s suplex. — Backstage, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods inquire about Big E’s taped-up ribs, but he thinks they’re talking about the barbecue he’s eating. — Becky came out to the ring and cut a heel promo. Charlotte ran out and the two fought, leading Paige to bring out the entire women’s roster and make it a pull-apart brawl. 3. Rusev and Lana defeated Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega. Aiden English helped his estranged teammates, stopping Almas from bringing a chair into the ring. Rusev and Lana welcome Aiden back into the fold as the three celebrate in the ring. — Shinsuke Nakamura cut a video promo proclaiming himself an American hero and welcoming everyone to the United States of Nakamerica. — Renee Young interviewed AJ Styles on the ramp, where he said he doesn’t regret how he treated Samoa Joe at SummerSlam. Joe appeared from nowhere and attacked the WWE Champion. After leaving the champ unconscious, Joe cut a terrifying promo addressed to AJ’s wife Wendy. — Paige confirms that Becky and Charlotte have been escorted from the building and AJ Styles is getting medical attention. Carmella shows up to demand her rematch, but is interrupted by R-Truth. He thinks he can get a title match by pinning Carmella just like Becky and Charlotte did, but Paige politely kicks him out. She then confirms the rematch between Carmella and Charlotte for next week. 4. The New Day defeated the Bludgeon Brothers for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships. The Bludgeon Brothers dominated throughout the No DQ Match, but just when Harper was about to powerbomb Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston hit Harper with one of the Bludgeon Brothers’ hammers and a Trouble in Paradise, setting up Woods to put Harper through a table and get the pin.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 8/14/18
— Becky Lynch, Charlotte and Carmella all talked up who would win the Smackdown Women’s Championship on Sunday at SummerSlam. Carmella tried to get the two to turn on each other, but Paige put her at the announce table and called for a tag team match between Lynch and Charlotte against Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. 1. Charlotte and Becky Lynch defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Lynch finished Rose with the DisArmHer. 2. The Bludgeon Brothers defeated three jobbers. — WWE chronicled The Miz’s rivalry with Daniel Bryan in a three-part video. 3. The New Day defeated SaniTY. Xavier Woods and Big E hit the UpUpDownDown on Killian Dain for the pin. 4. Andrade Cien Almas defeated Aiden English. English got on the mic before the match and apologized for ruining Lana’s matches against Zelina Vega. Andrade Cien Almas got the win with the DDT on English. — Zelina Vega said on Sunday they’ll cancel Rusev Day and that Lana brings down her husband. 5. Jeff Hardy defeated Shelton Benjamin. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate on Benjamin for the pinfall. Shinsuke Nakamura tried to attack Hardy after the match, who reversed a Kinshasa for the Twist of Fate, then a Swanton Bomb. – AJ Styles cut a promo on Samoa Joe. Joe came out with a letter supposedly from Styles’ wife saying he’s a bad father who never wanted kids or a wife. The show goes off the air as Joe walked backstage.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 8/7/18
— The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan was announced for SummerSlam. — Randy Orton cut a promo on Jeff Hardy, saying he’d become so violent people would want to change the channel. 1. Charlotte and Becky Lynch defeated the IIconics. Charlotte submitted Peyton Royce with the Figure Eight. 2. Zelina Vega defeated Lana. Andrade Cien Almas distracted Lana, so Rusev attacked him. Almas got the upper hand on Rusev, so Aiden English saved Rusev from attack when he tackled Almas into Lana, pushing her off the top rope. Vega hit the double knee strike in the corner for the win. — Jeff Hardy vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the United States title was announced for SummerSlam. — The Miz cut a promo on Daniel Bryan when Bryan showed up on set at Miz and Mrs. Miz got the upper hand after hitting him with a vase. 3. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated R Truth. Nakamura connected on the Kinshasa for the win. 4. Bludgeon Brothers defeated jobbers in a handicap match. 5. Smackdown Live Tag Team Tournament Finals: The New Day defeated The Bar. Kofi Kingston and Big E hit Midnight Hour for the pinfall victory. The Bludgeon Brothers showed up in the crowd to watch the New Day celebrate in the ring.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 7/31/18
— Carmella confronted Becky Lynch about their title match at SummerSlam. James Ellsworth distracted Lynch and Carmella attacked her. Charlotte returned and made the save. Paige made Charlotte versus Carmella for later in the night, and if Charlotte wins, she’s added to the Smackdown Women’s title match at SummerSlam. 1. The Bar defeated The Usos. Sheamus rolled up Jimmy Uso. The Bar will face off against the New Day for a chance to become the No. 1 contenders for the Bludgeon Brothers Smackdown Live Tag Team titles. — Samoa Joe cut a promo on AJ Styles — Jeff Hardy cut a promo on what it means to be U.S. Champion. Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura attacked Hardy. 2. Zelina Vega defeated Lana. Vega rolled up Lana after Aiden English pulled Andrade Cien Almas off the apron, where he was attempting to distract Lana. — Daniel Bryan challenged the Miz to a match at SummerSlam. Miz told him to stop riding his coattails. 3. Charlotte defeated Carmella. Charlotte submitted Carmella with the Figure Eight to gain entry into the Smackdown Women’s championship match at SummerSlam. It will now be a triple-threat match, involving Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Carmella.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 7/24/18
— Smackdown opened with The Miz, Maryse and their child climbing out of a limousine. — Randy Orton said he attacked Jeff Hardy because fans cheer for him and buy his merch after it was him that was a constant in WWE for the last 16 years. — Smackdown recapped the women’s only PPV that was announced on Monday Night Raw. 1. Andrade Cien Almas defeated Rusev. Almas pinned Rusev after hitting the hammerlock DDT. Aiden English tried to break up a brawl between Lana and Zelina Vega, but knocked Lana down. 2. Samoa Joe defeated R-Truth. Joe choked out Truth with the Coquina Clutch. 3. Asuka defeated Billie Kay. Asuka kicked Kay in the head and pinned her for the win. — Paige fired Ellsworth, then made A.J. Styles vs. Samoa Joe for SummerSlam for the WWE Title. 4. Becky Lynch defeated Carmella. Lynch tapped out Carmella to the DisArmHer to become the No. 1 contender for the Smackdown Live Women’s title at SummerSlam. 5. New Day defeated SAnitY. Big E pinned Alexander Wolfe to advance in the Smackdown tag team tournament to become the No. 1 contender for the Bludgeon Brothers titles. — The Bar returned to challenge for the tag team titles at SummerSlam. — The Miz threw a fake baby at Daniel Bryan and hit him with the Skull Crushing Finale.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 7/17/18
1. AJ Styles defeated Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas. Styles reversed a hammerlock DDT into a Calf Crusher to win the match by submission. 2. Becky Lynch defeated Mandy Rose. Lynch won by submission with the Dis-arm-her. 3. Samoa Joe defeated Tye Dillinger. Joe won by submission with a Coquina Clutch. – The Miz held a “funeral” for Team Hell No. Daniel Bryan interrupted and attacked Miz’s “pallbearers.” 4. Eric Young defeated Kofi Kingston. Sanity and New Day were at ringside. Killian Dain threw Xaiver Woods into Kingston, allowing Young to hit a wheelbarrow neckbreaker to win the match. 5. United States Championship Match: Jeff Hardy defeated Shinsuke Nakamura (c) by disqualification when Randy Orton interfered and attacked Hardy.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 7/10/18 – Team Hell No were guests on Miz TV. The Bludgeon Brothers and Sanity ran in to attack, and New Day made the save. This set up the 10-man main event for the night. 1. AJ Styles defeated Shinsuke Nakamura by disqualification when Rusev attacked Styles. Jeff Hardy makes a save for Styles, setting up a tag team match for right now (player). 2. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev defeated AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy. Rusev pinned Hardy after a Machka Kick. 3. Lumberjack Match: Asuka defeated James Ellsworth. Asuka won by submission with the Asuka Lock. After the match, Carmella attacked Asuka. 4. Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas defeated Sin Cara. 5. Team Hell No and New Day defeated the Bludgeon Brothers and Sanity. Daniel Bryan pinned Eric Young with a Knee-Plus.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 7/3/18
– Renee Young welcomed Team Hell No out for their official reunion. Kane said he’s always had Daniel Bryan’s back. Bryan said he hasn’t, pointing back to Kane attempting to end his career and trying to kidnap his wife. The Usos interrupted Team Hell No arguing in the ring and said they don’t deserve a tag team title match. Paige made a match for later in the night, with the stipulation if Jimmy and Jay beat Team Hell No, they’ll be added to the tag team title match at Extreme Rules, making it a triple-threat match. 1. Independence Day United States Open Challenge: Jeff Hardy defeated Miz. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate then the Swanton Bomb for the pinfall. – New Day Third of July Pancake Eating Contest: Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston began a pancake eating contest when they were attacked by SAnitY. They took out Big E and Kingston before putting Woods through a table. 2. Asuka vs. James Ellsworth ends in a double countout. Asuka beat down Ellsworth before he jumped the guardrail to escape. Asuka chased him through the crowd and both were counted out. They made it back to ringside, where Carmella took out Asuka before she posed with the Smackdown Women’s Championship. – Jeff Hardy vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the United States title was announced for Extreme Rules. 3. WWE Champion AJ Styles defeated Aiden English. Styles submitted English with the calf crusher. Rusev attacked Styles after the match, putting him in the Accolade. – Paige announced a Lumberjack Match for next week with every woman from the locker room surrounding the ring in a rematch between Asuka and James Ellsworth. 4. Becky Lynch defeated Peyton Royce. Lynch submitted Royce with the Dis-Arm-Her. 5. Team Hell No defeated The Usos. Kane hit a chokeslam on Jey Uso for the pinfall, keeping the Usos out of their tag team title match at Extreme Rules. The Bludgeon Brothers posed on the entrance ramp as the show went off the air.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 6/26/18
– The Miz opened the show with the Bludgeon Brothers on MizTV, where he explained how Daniel Bryan stealing the tag team champions’ spotlight led to him being attacked during last week’s Gauntlet match. The Bludgeon Brothers smacked the microphone out of Miz’s hand and Bryan came out to challenge them to a fight. Luke Harper accepted Bryan’s challenge for later in the evening. 1. Rusev defeated Xavier Woods. Woods tapped to the Accolade after getting hit with the Machka kick. Rusev cut a promo on AJ Styles as fans chanted Rusev Day, AJ Styles. 2. United States Open Challenge Title Match: Eric Young defeated Jeff Hardy (c) via Disqualification. Hardy was in control when the Usos hit the ring and attacked SAnitY. Young rolled out of the ring and joined in on the fight, leading to the disqualification. 3. The Usos and Jeff Hardy defeated SAnitY. Jeff Hardy landed the Swanton Bomb for the pinfall on Alexander Wolfe. – Naomi and Lana argued about who is a better dancer before meeting the cast of GLOW. 4. Becky Lynch defeated Sonya Deville. Lynch got the tap out with the Dis-Arm-Her. – James Ellsworth cut a promo on Asuka for attacking him last week. Paige cut Ellsworth off, announced Asuka versus Carmella for the Smackdown Women’s Championship at Extreme Rules and Asuka versus Ellsworth next week on Smackdown. 5. Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper via Disqualification. Erick Rowan attacked Bryan to force the disqualification. Kane made the save and reformed Team Hell No. Bryan and Kane took out the Bludgeon Brothers then hugged it out. Paige hit the ramp and made Smackdown Tag Team championship match for Team Hell No at Extreme Rules against the Bludgeon Brothers.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 6/19/18
– Carmella celebrated beating Asuka at Money in the Bank before she was confronted by Ellska (Ellsworth dressed up as Asuka). Asuka hit the ring and took out Ellsworth before Carmella nailed her with a superkick. Carmella and Ellsworth celebrated while escaping up the entrance ramp. 1. Becky Lynch defeated Billie Kay. Lynch took out Peyton Royce on the outside with a dive off the apron. Back in the ring, Lynch rolled Kay into the Dis-arm-her for the tap out. – Jeff Hardy was shown backstage saying he won’t ever forget what Shinsuke Nakamura did to him last week. He said he couldn’t see as he turned around with his face painted and with white contacts. He said his eyes are now open. – SAnitY attacked The Usos before their match could start. They celebrated while standing over Jimmy and Jey. 2. Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship Match: The Bludgeon Brothers (c) defeated The Good Brothers. Rowan got the blind tag on Harper and the duo hit a double powerbomb on Karl Anderson for the pinfall. 3. Gauntlet Match to be the No. 1 Contender for AJ Styles WWE Championship at Extreme Rules: Rusev defeated Big E, Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe and The Miz. The Bludgeon Brothers starred down Bryan as he made his entrance. Bryan defeated Big E after hitting the running knee. Joe entered next and locked in the Cochina Clutch on the outside with the referee’s count approaching 10. Bryan reversed Joe and rolled back into the ring as Joe was counted out. The Bludgeon Brothers attacked Bryan and hit a double powerbomb, setting The Miz up for a Skull Crushing Finale and the pinfall. Rusev defeated The Miz after he locked in the Accolade and Miz tapped out. Styles came out and shook hands with Rusev. Aiden English stuck his hand out and faked out Styles when the champ went to shake his hand. Styles hit English before taking his belt and jumping out of the ring.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 6/12/18
1. Daniel Bryan defeated Shelton Benjamin. Bryan won by submission with a heel hook. 2. Rusev defeated Samoa Joe. The Miz was the special guest referee. Joe became frustrated with Miz, which distracted him and allowed Rusev to hit a Machka Kick to win the match. After the match, Rusev attacked Joe, and Miz attacked Rusev. Miz climbed a ladder to grab a Money in the Bank briefcase, but it was full of pancakes. 3. Jeff Hardy defeated Shinsuke Nakamura by disqualification following a low blow. After the match, Nakamura gave Hardy a 10-count to “send a message” to AJ Styles. 4. Asuka, Charlotte, Naomi, Becky Lynch and Lana defeated Carmella, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville This was set up by a show-opening Money in the Bank “summit.” Asuka won by submission with an Asuka Lock on Carmella.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 6/5/18
– Carmella promised to “unmask” Asuka by showing footage of her losing at WrestleMania, saying she wasn’t the same performer she was during her undefeated streak. Asuka interrupted, but was interrupted herself by Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Paige gave Asuka a choice of who she wanted to fight, an Asuka chose both Rose and Deville. 1. Handicap Match: Asuka defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Asuka won by submission with an Asuka Lock on Deville. After the match, Carmella attacked Asuka. 2. Karl Anderson defeated Harper. Anderson won with a roll-up in about two minutes. 3. Naomi and Jimmy Uso defeated Aiden English and Lana. Naomi hit a high crossbody onto English, and Uso followed up with a superkick to win the match. – AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura had a backstage contract signing for Money in the Bank. Nakamura refused to sign the contract, so Styles slapped him. Nakamura signed the contract after Styles had been taken away. 4. Becky Lynch defeated Charlotte Flair. Lynch won by submission with the Dis-arm-her. – Big Cass promised to beat up Daniel Bryan at Money in the Bank. – Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas attacked Sin Cara backstage. 5. The New Day defeated The Miz, Rusev and Samoa Joe. Joe and Rusev abandoned Miz, leaving him alone to take the Midnight Hour and be pinned. No word yet on which member of The New Day will be in the ladder match at Money in the Bank.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 5/29/18
– Samoa Joe kicks off the show by walking to the ring, grabbing a ladder, and pulling down the Money in the Bank briefcase. He says he’s going to win Money in the Bank and show Daniel Bryan that there’s things worse than forced retirement before mentioning Bryan’s wife and daughter. Bryan comes out, tells Joe to never mention his family again, and right before they start fighting, Big Cass comes out on a crutch. He lets them know Joe vs. Bryan won’t happen, that he’s replacing Bryan in the match, and that he’s medically cleared to compete before taking Joe and Bryan out. – Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville confront Paige about giving Asuka opportunities when she doesn’t deserve them. Paige responds by making Asuka vs. Mandy later in the night. She then tells Renee Young that Big Cass vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe will be the main event later. 1. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Tye Dillinger. Nakamura pinned Dillinger after a Kinshasa. After the match, Nakamura hit another Kinshasa and counted to 10. – A.J. Styles says Shinsuke Nakamura is more dangerous than he’s ever been, but that Nakamura is underestimating him. – Rusev and Aiden English introduce Lana for her dance off against Naomi, who was joined ringside by The Usos. The competition ended, they shook hands, danced together, and Lana hit Naomi with a neckbreaker before slapping Jimmy Uso. Everyone brawled and Naomi and The Usos cleared the ring. 2. The New Day defeated The Miz and The Bar. Big E pinned The Miz after a Big Ending. – Gallows and Andrerson said they’re hungry and will do what they need to do to become the Smackdown tag team champions. They were about to call The Bludgeon Brothers nerds before Harper and Rowan showed up on a monitor. 3. Asuka defeated Mandy Rose. Sonya Deville attacked Asuka before the match, but she recovered and got Mandy Rose to tap out to the Asuka Lock. Carmella, who joined the announce team for the match, went face-to-face with Asuka after. – Becky Lynch and Charlotte discuss the Money in the Bank ladder match and why they’re both going to win. Paige swung by and cryptically set up a match between the two for next week. – Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega ran into Sin Cara backstage. 4. Samoa Joe defeated Daniel Bryan and Big Cass. Bryan looked like he had Cass pinned, but Joe broke up the pin, put Bryan in a Coquina Clutch, and made him unresponsive to the official. Cass hit Bryan with a big boot after the match.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 5/22/18
– The Miz kicks things off with Miz TV, featuring special guests The New Day. Miz tried to get them to announce which member would compete in Money in the Bank, but New Day didn’t crack. He ran to the back and Paige set up a match between Miz and Big E. 1. The Miz defeated Big E. Big E was distracted by The Bar, letting Miz hit a Skull Crushing Finale en route to a win. – Daniel Bryan spoke about his second chance match against Jeff Hardy. 2. Lana defeated Billie Kay. Lana picked up her first singles win by pinfall and earned a spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match. 3. Andrade Cien Almas defeated an unnamed opponent. Almas hit the hammerlock DDT and won via pinfall. – Carmella said she’s not afraid of Asuka. – Shinsuke Nakamura and A.J. Styles came down to the ring. Nakamura joked their match at Money in the Bank will be a pillow fight. After some back-and-forth, the two brawled with Nakamura getting the upper hand. He then counted to 10 and announced they’d have a Last Man Standing match.
4. Gallows and Anderson defeated The Usos. The match was to determine the No. 1 contenders, and ended after Jimmy Uso was hit with the Magic Killer.
5. Naomi defeated Sonya Deville. Naomi rolled up Deville to pick up the win and qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.
6. Daniel Bryan defeated Jeff Hardy. Bryan picked up the win via submission to earn a match against Samoa Joe — who confronted him after the match — with a Money in the Bank ladder match spot on the line.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 5/15/18
– Big Cass interrupted a Daniel Bryan interview, and they brawled. Bryan got the better of it, taking out Cass’ knee and locking in a submission. 1. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: The New Day defeated The Bar. By winning the match, New Day may now select a member to enter the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match. 2. Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas defeated Local Talent. After the match, Zelina Vega cut a promo warning the locker room. – Carmella held a “Royal Mellabration” and was interrupted by Paige, who announced Carmella vs. Asuka for the Smackdown Women’s Championship at Money in the Bank. 3. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Becky Lynch defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. – Money in the Bank qualifiers announced for next week: Samoa Joe vs. Big Cass, and Billie Kay vs. Lana. 4. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated WWE Champion AJ Styles. This was a non-title match. By winning, Nakamura may now pick the stipulation for their championship match at Money in the Bank.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 5/8/18
1. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: The Miz defeated Jeff Hardy. Hardy hit a Swanton Bomb, but Miz was able to turn it into a crucifix pin to win the match. Miz joins Finn Balor and Braun Strowman in the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match. 2. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Charlotte Flair defeated Peyton Royce. Flair won a back-and-forth match by submission with the Figure-Eight. Charlotte joins Ember Moon in the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match. – Shinsuke Nakamura said he’s not finished with AJ Styles. 3. Cesaro defeated Xavier Woods. This was in retaliation for Woods pinning Sheamus last week. Cesaro won by countering a springboard elbow into a European uppercut. 4. Mandy Rose defeated Becky Lynch. Paige barred Sonya Deville from ringside, but Rose still won with a roll-up. 5. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Rusev defeated Daniel Bryan. Rusev countered a running knee into a pop-up gutbuster, then hit a Matchka Kick to win the match. Rusev moves on to the Money in the Bank ladder match.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 5/1/18
1. Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy defeated The Miz and Shelton Benjamin. This was set up by a Miz TV segment that opened the show. Orton hit an RKO on Benjamin, then Hardy followed up with a Swanton Bomb to win the match. After the three, Orton hit Hardy with an RKO as well. – The New Day and The Bar argued about pancakes. – Lana told Rusev that Aiden English is holding him back. – Big Cass brought out a little person dressed as Daniel Bryan, then kicked him in the face. – AJ Styles cut a promo on Shinsuke Nakamura. Samoa Joe interrupted. As Joe was leaving, Nakamura’s music hit. Nakamura snuck up behind Styles and punched him in the balls again. Nakamura hit another Kinshasa on Styles as well for good measure. 2. Xavier Woods defeated Sheamus. Woods won by pinfall with a small package. – Paige told Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville that Absolution is dead, and announced Rose vs. Becky Lynch for next week. 3. Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch and Asuka defeated Peyton Royce, Billie Kay and Carmella. Asuka won by submission with an Asuka Lock on Royce.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 4/24/18
– Miz was supposed to interview Daniel Bryan on Miz TV, but was interrupted by Big Cass. Cass said he is living in Daniel Bryan’s shadow, and would injure him again. Backstage, Daniel Bryan was found on the ground, having been attacked. 1. The IIconics defeated Becky Lynch and Asuka. Peyton Royce pinned Lynch with a roll-up, giving Asuka a loss in her Smackdown debut. 2. Jimmy Uso defeated Erick Rowan. Uso won with a roll-up after a distraction from Naomi. – Carmella repeatedly showed a highlight video of herself and tried to make the crowd cheer for her. Charlotte Flair interrupted and slammed Carmella’s head on a table and flipped it over onto her. This was a contract signing. 3. Shelton Benjamin defeated Randy Orton. This was supposed to be Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy, but Orton interrupted Hardy during his entrance and took his place. Hardy sat in on commentary and was attacked by a masked man. Orton unmasked the man as Sunil Singh, then hit him with an RKO. Benjamin used the distraction to hit Paydirt and win the match. 4. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev Day defeated AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. Nakamura pinned Gallows. After the match, Styles attacked Nakamura. Nakamura countered with a low blow, and was going to hit Styles with a Kinshasa until Anderson jumped between them and took it himself. Nakamura then hit a second Kinshasa on Anderson.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 4/17/18
1. AJ Styles defeated Rusev by disqualification. Aiden English attacked Styles early in the match, causing a DQ. Daniel Bryan made the save for Styles. Afterward, Paige set up a tag team match (with a Teddy Long impersonation) for the main event. 2. United States Champion Jeff Hardy defeated Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin said he didn’t need Gable, and demanded competition. Randy Orton tried to answer the challenge, but Jeff Hardy answered instead. Hardy won with a Swanton Bomb. – Absolution were announced as Smackdown pickups in the Superstar Shake-up. 3. Luke Harper defeated Jey Uso. After the match, the Bludgeon Brothers tried to injure the Usos and only backed down when Naomi begged them to stop. 4. Samoa Joe defeated Sin Cara. Another shake-up from Raw, Joe won by submission with a Coquina Clutch. After the match, Joe threatened to take all the opportunities and destroy everyone on Smackdown. – A vignette for Sanity (minus Nikki Cross, at least according to the “new arrivals” graphic) aired. – A returning Big Cass interrupted a backstage interview with Daniel Bryan and insulted him. – Carmella held a “Mellabration” for her Smackdown Women’s Championship win. Charlotte and the IIconics interrupted, then brawled with each other. Becky Lynch jogged out to make the save. 5. Charlotte Flair defeated Billie Kay. Lynch and Peyton Royce remained at ringside. Flair won by submission with the Figure-Eight. After the match, Carmella attacked Flair with the Smackdown Women’s Championship and the IIconics teamed up to beat up Lynch. Smackdown’s newest arrival, Asuka, made the save. – The Bar announced that they’re heading to Smackdown. – New Day and Tye Dillinger ran into R-Truth backstage. Truth thought they were all together on Raw. – Smackdown is also getting Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas and Zelina Vega. (Get a complete recap of the Superstar Shake-up here.) 6. AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan defeated Rusev Day by disqualification. Bryan had the match won with a running knee on Rusev, but was distracted by Shinsuke Nakamura showing up to once again low blow AJ Styles. Big Cass then attacked Bryan with a big boot, causing the official disqualification.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 4/10/18
– The show opened with Shane McMahon, who thanked the fans for helping make WrestleMania 34 a success, and praised the return of Daniel Bryan. He said he had accepted Bryan’s letter of resignation and then introduced the new Smackdown Live General Manager, Paige. Paige thanked the fans and said that she wanted to make this night special, so she announced Daniel Bryan’s first televised match in three years, which will be against AJ Styles. 1. The Usos defeated the New Day. This was to determine who would get the Smackdown Tag Team Championship rematch against the Bludgeon Brothers at the Greatest Royal Rumble. Jey Uso pinned Xavier Woods after a top rope splash. The Bludgeon Brothers showed up after the match to taunt the Usos. 2. Naomi defeated Natalya. Naomi pinned Natalya after a split-legged moonsault. – Backstage, Renee Young asked Shinsuke Nakamura why he attacked AJ Styles after their WrestleMania match. Nakamura said he can’t answer her question because he doesn’t speak English. – Charlotte Flair came to the ring to wonder who she’ll make magic in the ring with next, but she was interrupted by the debuting Iconic Duo, who mocked her. Flair attacked, then got beaten down both inside and outside the ring by the Duo. When the Australians departed, Carmella ran to the ring with a referee to cash in. 3. Smackdown Women’s Championship Match: Carmella defeated Charlotte Flair (c). Carmella kicked and pinned the weakened Flair to become the new champion. 4. United States Championship No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Match: Randy Orton defeated Bobby Roode and Rusev. Jinder Mahal sat at ringside for this match. Orton pinned Roode after an RKO, and he will face Mahal for the U.S. title at Backlash. 5. Daniel Bryan NC AJ Styles. This was a non-title match. Near the end of the match, Shinsuke Nakamura got in the ring and delivered a Kinshasa to Bryan, then a low blow and a Kinshasa to Styles, followed by another low blow.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 4/3/18
– The show opened with Daniel Bryan and the returning Shane McMahon. The two men apologies for their animosity toward each other in the past months, and then hugged it out. 1. Charlotte Flair defeated Natalya. This was a non-title match. Natalya tapped out to a Figure Eight. After the match, Asuka arrived to taunt Flair. 2. Rusev defeated Jinder Mahal. Bobby Roode sat in on commentary for this match. Rusev pinned Mahal following a Machka kick. After the match, Randy Orton hit Rusev with an RKO, and then he and Roode had a staredown over the United States Championship. 3. Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Mojo Rawley and Primo Colon defeated Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Tye Dillinger, and Zack Ryder Corbin hit End of Days on Fandango and got the pin to give his team the victory. — Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens entered the arena and stood on the announce desk. They ran down Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon and promised to win at WrestleMania. Their mics got cut off and security tried to apprehend them, but they ran up the steps of the arena. McMahon and Bryan came out and Bryan said he wanted everyone to put their cameras on Zayn and Owens, because this is the last time they’ll be on Smackdown. 4. Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles defeated Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin. Styles got the pin on Gable with the Phenomenal Forearm. — After the match, Shelton Benjamin jumped Nakamura from behind as Styles watched. Nakamura fought off Benjamin, and then Styles faked out Nakamura by teasing giving him a Phenomenal Forearm. Styles patted Nakamura on the head and left holding his belt high.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 3/27/18
– The show opened with a recap of last week’s Daniel Bryan-related events. – Jinder Mahal shames Randy Orton and Bobby Roode for beating up Sunil Singh so bad that he can’t compete this week. Then he introduces his tag team partner for tonight: Rusev. 1. Rusev and Jinder Mahal defeated Randy Orton and Bobby Roode. Orton hit an RKO on his own partner, Roode, and then Rusev hit a Machka kick on Orton and got the pin. – Backstage, Mahal thanked Rusev for his help and invited him to his Punjabi celebration when he wins at WrestleMania, but Rusev said he just pinned the U.S. Champion, so he’s going to have the WrestleMania Triple Threat match turned into a Fatal 4-Way. 2. Becky Lynch defeated Ruby Riott. Lynch got the pinfall victory over Riott with a rollup. – Daniel Bryan addressed the crowd and said he’s going to give Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn one final opportunity. Bryan announced it would be Owens and Zayn vs. Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon at WrestleMania, and he believes McMahon will be able to recover from his injury in time to compete. If Owens and Zayn win at WrestleMania, they will be reinstated. Bryan said he’s sick of being a general manager, and at WrestleMania, he’s going to kick Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn’s ass. 3. The Bludgeon Brothers defeated the New Day. The match ended in a disqualification when the Usos ran to ringside to attack Rowan. The New Day bickered with the Usos for getting their match thrown out, and then the Bludgeon Brothers cleared the ring. 4. Dolph Ziggler defeated Tyler Breeze. Ziggler hit a Zig Zag on Tyler and got the pin. After the match, he superkicked Fandango as well. 5. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Shelton Benjamin. AJ Styles was in Nakamura’s corner for this match. Nakamura got the pin with the Kinshasa. – After the match, Nakamura invited Styles in the ring and said he never needed his help; he just wanted to show him how he’s going to beat him at WrestleMania. Styles said he won’t be playing games at WrestleMania, and they’re going to tear the house down, but Styles will prove he’s the best. Nakamura said he’ll beat Styles at WrestleMania, because Styles is too emotional. Gable and Benjamin jumped Styles and Nakamura cleared the ring, then teased hitting Styles with Kinshasa and taunted Styles.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 3/20/18
– Daniel Bryan opened the show, delivering an emotional promo to the crowd about how much it means to him to have been cleared to return to action. He thanked the fans, and said he didn’t know when he’d be returning to the ring, and looked at the WrestleMania sign before leading the crowd in a “YES” chant. 1. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Rusev. AJ Styles sat at ringside for this match. Nakamura rolled up Rusev for the pin. After the match, Aiden English and Rusev attacked Nakamura. Styles started preparing to help, but Nakamura drove off Rusev Day before Styles could even get in the ring to assist. 2. Baron Corbin defeated Tye Dillinger. Corbin won by pinfall after the End of Days. 3. Natalya defeated Charlotte Flair. This was a non-title match. Carmella attempted to cash in Money in the Bank in the middle of the match, but Flair dispatched her with the big boot, then Natalya took advantage of the distraction to roll up Flair for the pin. – The Usos came to the ring and cut a promo about how the Bludgeon Brothers changed the mix, but they would not be denied their chance at a WrestleMania moment. 4. Harper defeated Jimmy Uso. Harper slammed Uso’s head into the top of the ringpost, then hit a discus lariat for the pin. – Jinder Mahal came to the ring and talked about being disrespected by Smackdown Live. Bobby Roode entered and promised to win his United States title back at WrestleMania. Randy Orton entered and said Mahal is nothing without Sunil Singh. Mahal fled while Orton attacked Singh. Orton hit the rope-hung DDT on Singh, then Roode hit the Glorious DDT. Roode tried to DDT Orton, Orton tried to hit the RKO on Roode, and it ended in a stalemate. 5. Becky Lynch and Naomi defeated Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan. Lynch was able to get Logan to tap out to the Disarmer. – Daniel Bryan returned to the ring and welcomed Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Zayn and Owens congratulated Bryan for getting cleared and thanked him for being their biggest supporter. Bryan showed them footage from their attack on Shane McMahon last week, and they laughed. Bryan said what they did last week was unacceptable, and pointed out that they attacked McMahon after they’d already won the war. Bryan then told Owens and Zayn that they’re fired. Bryan tried to shake their hands, but they attacked him. Bryan turned the tables and hit some signature moves on both of them before Zayn and Owens regained the upper hand. Zayn hit a Helluva Kick, Owens hit a powerbomb on the ring apron, and Bryan was stretchered out.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 3/13/18
— AJ Styles opened the show and said his WWE journey has seemed unbelievable, but not impossible. He said dreams will come true at WrestleMania with his dream match. Shinsuke Nakamura interrupted and said his dream will come true at WrestleMania, too: he will become champion. Rusev then came out for a match. 1. AJ Styles defeated Rusev. This was a non-title match. Styles won by disqualification when Aiden English got in the ring and attacked him. After the match, Nakamura saved Styles from a 2-on-1 beatdown. 2. The Bludgeon Brothers defeated Big E and Jimmy Uso. Uso and Big E were teaming because their respective teammates were too banged up to compete. Rowan pinned Uso after a double-team powerbomb. — Asuka and Charlotte Flair had a face-to-face meeting. Flair said she’s going to end her undefeated streak. Asuka said she bows to no one, because no one is ready for Asuka. — Randy Orton came to the ring and said he’s been called a lot of things, but the one thing he’s never been called until now is United States Champion. He said he’s a Grand Slam champion now, and that’s something he cares about. He said Bobby Roode earned his respect at Fastlane, but this title is his now. Roode entered and congratulated Orton, and said he still has his rematch coming, and it’s going to take place at WrestleMania. Jinder Mahal entered and taunted Orton and Roode, reminding Orton that he beat him last week and promised to beat Roode tonight. 3. Jinder Mahal defeated Bobby Roode. Mahal took advantage of a distraction, hit Khallas and got the pin. Orton hit Mahal with an RKO after the match. 4. Carmella defeated Naomi. Carmella won with a rollup after pulling Naomi off the ropes. — Shane McMahon made his WrestleMania announcement, saying he would be taking a leave of absence as commissioner and general manager Daniel Bryan would be going it alone starting next week, but he made one more match: Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens at WrestleMania 34. Owens and Zayn appeared and beat McMahon down, then dragged him to the back, where Owens powerbombed McMahon onto a stack of metal.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 3/6/2018
— The show opened with a face-to-face confrontation between Charlotte Flair and Ruby Riott. Riott said she formed the Riott Squad to destroy the myth of Charlotte, and she will do that on Sunday at Fastlane. 1. Jinder Mahal defeated Randy Orton. Bobby Roode sat in on commentary for this match. Roode eventually got up on the apron, which distracted Orton and allowed Mahal to hit Khallas for the pin. — Backstage, Rusev challenged Shinsuke Nakamura to a match at Fastlane, and Nakamura accepted. 2. Becky Lynch defeated Carmella. Lynch made Carmella tap out with the Disarmer. — AJ Styles came to the ring and cut a promo saying he doesn’t care what John Cena wants; the match that he and the WWE Universe wants at WrestleMania is Styles vs. Nakamura. Dolph Ziggler interrupted and said Styles can take his dream match and shove it. 3. AJ Styles NC Dolph Ziggler. This was a non-title match, which ended in a no contest when Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens hit the ring to beat down both men. Styles and Ziggler fought them off, and Shane McMahon arrived to order a Fatal Five-Way match. 4. Fatal Five-Way Match: Sami Zayn defeated Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, and Baron Corbin. This was a non-title match. Owens tossed Styles from the ring, and then Zayn hit Owens with the Helluva Kick and pinned him for the victory.
WWE Smackdown Live Results 2/27/18
— John Cena opened the show saying he wants in on the WWE Championship Fatal 5-Way match at Fastlane. Shane McMahon entered and said it isn’t that easy. Daniel Bryan and said if Cena can win a main event non-title match against AJ Styles tonight, he’ll be added to the Fastlane title match. 1. Baron Corbin defeated Sami Zayn. Kevin Owens sat in on commentary. Dolph Ziggler appeared and superkicked Owens. Corbin hit End of Days on Zayn for the pin. After the match, Ziggler hit Corbin with the Zig Zag. 2. Ruby Riott defeated Naomi. Riott pinned Naomi after hitting the Riott Kick. — The New Day were in the ring and said they would win the tag titles at Fastlane and go on to WrestleMania. The Usos interrupted and said they’re tired of getting passed over at WrestleMania, and this year is their time. Big E said the New Day will be five-time champions, and before the teams could come to blows, they were interrupted by the Bludgeon Brothers, and the Usos and the New Day left the ring. 3. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Aiden English. Nakamura hit a Kinshasa on English and got the pin. 4. John Cena defeated AJ Styles. This was a non-title match. Cena pinned Styles after hitting an Attitude Adjustment. The main event for Fastlane is now a Six-Pack Challenge for the WWE Championship. — After the match, Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin, and Sami Zayn beat down Cena and Styles. Ziggler made the save, and then attacked Styles. Cena hit Ziggler with an Attitude Adjustment as the show went off the air.
TUESDAY, FEB 20 TALKING STICK RESORT ARENA PHOENIX, AZ
Tensions continued to rise ahead of the WWE Championship Fatal 5-Way Match at WWE Fastlane Kevin Owens def. Dolph Ziggler Jinder Mahal delivers a “Roode Awakening” The Riott Squad def. Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch & Naomi The New Day def. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable to challenge SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos at WWE Fastlane The Bludgeon Brothers def. local competitors AJ Styles def. Baron Corbin
TUESDAY, FEB 13 RABOBANK ARENA BAKERSFIELD, CA
Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin never started after The “Yep!” Movement attacked them Charlotte Flair def. Sarah Logan Baron Corbin def. Kevin Owens to advance to the WWE Title Match at WWE Fastlane Chaos ensued as both Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal attempted to answer Bobby Roode’s United States Open Challenge The New Day def. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable Dolph Ziggler def. Sami Zayn to advance to the WWE Title Match at WWE Fastlane
TUESDAY, FEB 6 SPRINT CENTER KANSAS CITY, MO
Daniel Bryan reveals the first-ever SmackDown LIVE Top 10 Superstars List Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan had a tense altercation Charlotte Flair def. Liv Morgan The Bludgeon Brothers def. local competitors SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos laid down the Uso Street Code United States Champion Bobby Roode def. Rusev Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The Ascension Daniel Bryan announced a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Title at WWE Fastlane after Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn ended in a no contest
Daniel Bryan has revealed the first-ever SmackDown LIVE Top 10 Superstars List, as voted on by the Superstars of Team Blue. According to Bryan, the list will influence how he and SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon determine future matchups and opportunities.
When voting, Superstars had to consider locker room leadership, talent and athletic skill. Superstars could not vote for themselves, and neither Bryan nor McMahon voted on the list.
The list is as follows:
10. Tye Dillinger 9. Randy Orton 8. Becky Lynch 7. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos 6. The New Day 5. United States Champion Bobby Roode 4. Naomi 3. Shinsuke Nakamura 2. SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair 1. WWE Champion AJ Styles
TUESDAY, JAN 30 WELLS FARGO CENTER PHILADELPHIA, PA
Shinsuke Nakamura & AJ Styles stood united despite their looming WrestleMania encounter Rusev def. Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder and Jinder Mahal to earn a United States Title opportunity The Usos put SmackDown LIVE’s Tag Team division on blast The Bludgeon Brothers def. local competitors Carmella attempted to cash-in on The Queen Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. Breezango AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura def. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
TUESDAY, JAN 23 CAPITAL ONE ARENA WASHINGTON, DC
AJ Styles agrees to take on both Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn tonight Chad Gable def. Jey Uso Naomi def. Liv Morgan Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Baron Corbin ended in a no-contest after Randy Orton made his presence felt Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston & Bobby Roode def. Jinder Mahal, Rusev & Aiden English AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens Sami Zayn def. AJ Styles
TUESDAY, JAN 16 | 8/7 PM LAREDO ENERGY ARENA LAREDO, TX
Jinder Mahal def. Xavier Woods in the Second Round of the United States Title Tournament Bobby Roode def. Mojo Rawley in the Second Round of the United States Title Tournament The Riott Squad def. Charlotte Flair, Naomi & Becky Lynch Bobby Roode def. Jinder Mahal in the Finals of the United States Title Tournament to win the United States Championship
TUESDAY, JAN 9 | 8/7 PM LEGACY ARENA BIRMINGHAM, AL
Tensions rose on Team Blue as Shane McMahon made a major main event Becky Lynch def. Ruby Riott The Bludgeon Brothers def. The Ascension Mojo Rawley def. Zack Ryder in a First Round United States Championship Tournament Match Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable demanded justice Breezango def. Rusev & Aiden English AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura & Randy Orton def. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
TUESDAY, JAN 2 | 8/7 PM AMWAY CENTER ORLANDO, FL
The frostiness between Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan continued SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos def. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Breezango Xavier Woods def. Aiden English in the first round of the United States Championship Tournament The Riott Squad def. Natalya, Carmella & Tamina Sami Zayn def. AJ Styles
TUESDAY, DEC 26 | 8/7 PM ALLSTATE ARENA CHICAGO, IL
Daniel Bryan made major title-related announcements Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The New Day and Rusev & Aiden English The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Breezango ends in a no contest Ruby Riott def. Naomi Bobby Roode def. Baron Corbin in a United States Championship Tournament First-Round Match Jinder Mahal def. Tye Dillinger in a United States Championship Tournament First-Round Match Kevin Owens def. AJ Styles
TUESDAY, DEC 19 | 8/7 PM PRUDENTIAL CENTER NEWARK, NJ
Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan had words in the wake of the WWE Clash of Champions controversy Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The Usos Charlotte Flair & Naomi def. Ruby Riott & Sarah Logan Dolph Ziggler’s Championship Celebration ended in bizarre fashion The New Day def. Rusev & Aiden English AJ Styles, Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura def. Jinder Mahal, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
TUESDAY, DEC 12 | 8/7 PM U.S. BANK ARENA CINCINNATI, OH
Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers launched a tricky sneak attack on AJ Styles Charlotte def. Ruby Riott via Disqualification Dolph Ziggler def. Baron Corbin via Disqualification Bludgeon Brothers def. Colin Delaney & Joe Monroe Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn attempted to Occupy SmackDown Rusev & Aiden English def. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos Kevin Owens def. Shinsuke Nakamura
TUESDAY, DEC 5 | 8/7 PM VALLEY VIEW CASINO CENTER SAN DIEGO, CA
Randy Orton shut down the outspoken Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Rusev & Aiden English def. The New Day Bobby Roode def. Baron Corbin via Disqualification The Bludgeon Brothers def. Adam James & Josh Carr SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair def. Tamina Randy Orton def. Sami Zayn
TUESDAY, NOV 28 | 8/7 PM RUPP ARENA LEXINGTON, KY
Shane McMahon made major changes to the SmackDown LIVE main event The New Day def. Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable The Bludgeon Brothers def. The Hype Bros and Mojo goes berserk AJ Styles def. The Singh Brothers in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match The Riott Squad def. Charlotte Flair, Natalya & Naomi Kevin Owens def. Randy Orton in a No Disqualification Match
TUESDAY, NOV 21 TOYOTA CENTER HOUSTON, TX
Daniel Bryan intervenes before Shane McMahon can fire Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn Shelton Benjamin def. Jey Uso The Bludgeon Brothers def. The Hype Bros Jinder Mahal tried to get the leg up on AJ Styles Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan caused chaos during the SmackDown Women’s Championship Match Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn def. The New Day in a Lumberjack Match
TUESDAY, NOV 14 SPECTRUM CENTER CHARLOTTE, NC
Daniel Bryan returned to welcome new WWE Champion AJ Styles Baron Corbin def. Sin Cara to retain the United States Championship Charlotte Flair def. Natalya to become SmackDown Women’s Champion Jimmy Uso def. Chad Gable Raw launched a vicious counter-siege on SmackDown
TUESDAY, NOV 7 MANCHESTER ARENA MANCHESTER, ENGLAND
Shane McMahon and The New Day kicked off SmackDown LIVE Kofi Kingston def. Sami Zayn Randy Orton def. Rusev to deny Rusev a spot on the SmackDown Survivor Series Team Becky Lynch def. James Ellsworth in a battle of the sexes Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The Usos via Count-out AJ Styles def. Jinder Mahal to win the WWE Championship
TUESDAY, OCT 31 NORFOLK SCOPE ARENA NORFOLK, VA
Shane McMahon announced himself as team captain of SmackDown LIVE Bobby Roode def. Dolph Ziggler in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match to qualify for Team SmackDown at Survivor Series Baron Corbin def. Sin Cara via disqualification AJ Styles def. Samir Singh Rusev def. Big E Shinsuke Nakamura def. Kevin Owens to qualify for Team SmackDown at Survivor Series
TUESDAY, OCT 24 BMO HARRIS BANK BRADLEY CENTER MILWAUKEE, WI
Shane McMahon came face-to-face with Sami Zayn for the first time since WWE Hell in a Cell Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The New Day Sin Cara def. Baron Corbin via disqualification WWE Champion Jinder Mahal responded to Universal Champion Brock Lesnar AJ Styles def. Sunil Singh Becky Lynch def. Carmella, Naomi, Tamina and Charlotte Flair to become Captain of the SmackDown Women’s Survivor Series Team Randy Orton def. Sami Zayn to become the first member of the SmackDown Men’s Survivor Series Team
TUESDAY, OCT 17 KEYARENA SEATTLE, WA
Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn exchanged heated words Charlotte Flair, Naomi & Becky Lynch def. Natalya, Lana & Tamina Sin Cara def. Baron Corbin by count-out WWE Champion Jinder Mahal challenged Universal Champion Brock Lesnar to a match at WWE Survivor Series Dolph Ziggler def. Bobby Roode Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn def. Shinsuke Nakamura & Randy Orton
TUESDAY, OCT 10 VAN ANDEL ARENA GRAND RAPIDS, MI
Tempers flared in the Team Blue Tag Team division Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin won a Fatal 4-Way Match to earn the right to challenge for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship Becky Lynch def. Carmella Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn had a surreal reunion on SmackDown LIVE Shinsuke Nakamura & Randy Orton def. Rusev & Aiden English Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler’s personal score continued to escalate United States Champion Baron Corbin def. AJ Styles to retain the title
TUESDAY, OCT 3 PEPSI CENTER DENVER, CO
Jinder Mahal launched a sneak attack on Shinsuke Nakamura SmackDown Women’s Champion Natalya & Carmella def. Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch Bobby Roode def. Mike Kanellis The Usos read The New Day their rights; The New Day read The Usos their lefts Tye Dillinger def. Baron Corbin The SmackDown Women’s division honored brave breast cancer survivors with partner Susan G. Komen Randy Orton def. Aiden English Kevin Owens unleashed pre-Hell in a Cell assault on Shane McMahon
WWE Smackdown Results September 26, 2017 Glendale, Arizona Commentary: Tom Phillips, Byron Saxton and Corey Graves
Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger via count out The Usos def. The Hype Bros Charlotte Flair def. Carmella Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn ended in a no contest
TUESDAY, SEP 19 ORACLE ARENA OAKLAND, CA
Shane McMahon returned to SmackDown LIVE and condemned Kevin Owens Randy Orton def. Aiden English Rusev def. Randy Orton WWE Champion Jinder Mahal insulted Shinsuke Nakamura yet again Tye Dillinger’s attack prevented Baron Corbin from answering AJ Styles’ United States Open Challenge A Fatal 4-Way Match was made to determine who will challenge for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at WWE Hell in a Cell The New Day def. Hype Bros Kevin Owens addressed his situation with the McMahon family via satellite Dolph Ziggler performed several more extravagant entrances Charlotte Flair def. Becky Lynch, Tamina and Naomi to challenge for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at WWE Hell in a Cell
TUESDAY, SEP 12 THOMAS & MACK CENTER LAS VEGAS, NV
Kevin Owens kicked off Sin City SmackDown with some grand ideas United States Champion AJ Styles def. Tye Dillinger WWE Champion Jinder Mahal attempted to play mind games with Shinsuke Nakamura The New Day def. The Usos to win the SmackDown Tag Team Championship in a Sin City Street Fight SmackDown Women’s Champion Natalya def. Naomi Dolph Ziggler made another set of extravagant entrances Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The Hype Bros Kevin Owens brutalized Mr. McMahon on SmackDown LIVE
TUESDAY, SEP 5 DENNY SANFORD PREMIER CENTER SIOUX FALLS, SD
Shane McMahon and Kevin Owens finally came to blows Natalya def. Carmella Dolph Ziggler re-debuted on SmackDown LIVE … sort of Aiden English def. Sami Zayn Shane McMahon was suspended indefinitely as the SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger Carmella kissed (and smacked) James Ellsworth Shinsuke Nakamura def. Randy Orton
TUESDAY, AUG 29 VERIZON ARENA NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR
Jinder Mahal and Rusev got into a wild brawl with Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The Ascension United States Champion AJ Styles def. Tye Dillinger Bobby Roode def. Mike Kanellis Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon got into a war of words prior to Aiden English def. Sami Zayn The Usos def. The New Day allowing themselves to choose the stipulation for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship Rematch Tamina def. local competitor Shinsuke Nakamura & Randy Orton def. Jinder Mahal & Rusev
TUESDAY, AUG 22 BARCLAYS CENTER BROOKLYN, NY
AJ Styles and Kevin Owens agreed to a high-stakes matchup for later in the night Bobby Roode def. Aiden English Shelton Benjamin returned to WWE on SmackDown LIVE The Usos def. The Hype Bros Shinsuke Nakamura def. The Singh Brothers Naomi & Becky Lynch def. Natalya & Carmella Dolph Ziggler promised to do what the “stars” do next week on SmackDown LIVE United States Champion AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens with Baron Corbin as the special guest referee
TUESDAY, AUG 15 DUNKIN DONUTS CENTER PROVIDENCE , RI
WWE Champion Jinder Mahal and Shinsuke Nakamura exchanged heated words to kick off SmackDown LIVE Natalya def. Becky Lynch Randy Orton blindsided Rusev out of nowhere Tensions continued to rise between AJ Styles, Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon The Usos def. The New Day WWE Champion Jinder Mahal def. Baron Corbin after cash-in
TUESDAY, AUG 8 AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO, ON
John Cena vs. Baron Corbin was announced for SummerSlam The Usos def. Sami Zayn & Tye Dillinger Charlotte Flair def. Lana Shane McMahon’s announced his “Rules of Engagement” Carmella def. Naomi Randy Orton def. Jinder Mahal
TUESDAY, AUG 1 QUICKEN LOANS ARENA CLEVELAND, OH
United States Champion AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens The Usos mocked The New Day Aiden English def. Sami Zayn Naomi & Becky Lynch def. Carmella & Natalya Rusev def. Chad Gable Shinsuke Nakamura def. John Cena to earn opportunity to challenge WWE Champion Jinder Mahal at SummerSlam John Cena comes to Shinsuke Nakamura's aid during attack by Baron Corbin on WWE Network
TUESDAY, JUL 25 THE COLISEUM RICHMOND, VA
Chris Jericho returned to SmackDown LIVE Shinsuke Nakamura def. Baron Corbin Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch def. Lana & Tamina John Cena will battle Shinsuke Nakamura next week to see who will challenge WWE Champion Jinder Mahal at SummerSlam Sami Zayn & Tye Dillinger def. Mike Kanellis & Aiden English The New Day’s SmackDown Tag Team Championship Celebration was ruined by The Usos AJ Styles def. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens in a Triple Threat Match to become the new United States Champion
TUESDAY, JUL 18 LEGACY ARENA BIRMINGHAM, AL
Jinder Mahal brought the Punjabi Prison to SmackDown LIVE Jimmy Uso def. Kofi Kingston Mike Kanellis def. Sami Zayn Rusev blindsided John Cena Becky Lynch def. Charlotte Flair Kevin Owens & Baron Corbin def. AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura
TUESDAY, JUL 11 AT&T CENTER SAN ANTONIO, TX
New United States Champion AJ Styles kicked off SmackDown LIVE with an Open Challenge Jinder Mahal def. Tye Dillinger Xavier Woods def. Jey Uso Shinsuke Nakamura and Baron Corbin got into a raucous brawl Natalya & Tamina def. Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch Sami Zayn felt Maria & Mike Kanellis’ Power of Love John Cena & AJ Styles def. Kevin Owens & Rusev
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (07.04.17) PHOENIX, AZ (Talking Stick Resort Arena) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
John Cena made his return to start off the night and called out any superstar to come and stop him now that he has forged his path to appear on either RAW or Smackdown Live. He was interrupted by the return of Rusev (and his debut on the blue brand) who was upset about Cena's comeback commercials while he had to rehab his injury for months with no fanfare. He brought up the video messages he sent to Shane McMahon and now he had come back because he would not wait any longer. He referred to America as a joke so Cena offered to make him the punchline. Cena challenged him to a Flag match tonight but Rusev said they would do it on HIS terms. Cena then sent Rusev away with a "USA" chant. Daniel Bryan offers AJ Styles vs. Chad Gable with the winner entering tonight's Battle Royale since Kevin Owens has beaten them both and one of them should have to qualify first. 1) AJ Styles def. Chad Gable by pinfall in 8:13 after he hit the Phenomenal Forearm. After the match, Styles helped Gable to his feet and gave him a nod for the hard-fought battle. Mojo Rawley is down after he and Zack Ryder lost their match last week but the latter informs Mojo that they'll be in the Independence Day Battle Royale. They tease each other about how it will be every man for himself. Miss Money in the Bank Carmella [w/James Ellsworth] came down to the ring for her "Carmellabration" and was interrupted by Women's Champion Naomi, who referred to James as "Ellsworthless" and brought out Daniel Bryan, who had some words for him. He barred Ellsworth from the arena, fined him $10,000 and suspended him for 30 days on the basis of a threat that if he didn't obey these rules then Carmella would be stripped of the briefcase. 2) Naomi def. Lana by submission in 7 seconds to retain the Smackdown Women's Title. After the match, Tamina came down and walked to the back with Lana. Baron Corbin jumped Shinsuke Nakamura in the back before referees broke it up. The Usos and New Day came down to the ring for the rap/off with Wale as the emcee. Both teams had an entourage as well. Of course, it devolves into a huge pull-apart brawl and Wale disqualified the Usos, declaring that the New Day were the winners. Aiden English was upset that Randy Orton interrupted him again so he attacked him and rammed him into the stairs and finished his song. 3) Aiden English def. Randy Orton by DQ in 2:31 when Orton nailed him with steel steps. After the match, Orton continued the onslaught until he was interrupted by WWE Champion Jinder Mahal [w/Singh Brothers], who cut a promo on Orton about their upcoming match at Battleground. Orton fired back with a promo of his own, calling Mahal a "jackass." Tyler Breeze (dressed as 'Tenay Young') interviewed Tye Dillinger, who played along with the joke while Fandango lurked in the background with a hard hat and headphones. Renee Young (the real one) interviewed Mike & Maria Kanellis (complete with the feed cutting out for a while) until Sami Zayn interrupted and mocked him a bit while going on one of his tangents. United States Champion Kevin Owens joined the announce table for color commentary. 4) AJ Styles won the Independence Day Battle Royale in 11:18 when he last eliminated Sami Zayn. After the match, Owens attacked Styles but then got caught with an enzuiguri... and slipped out of the Styles Clash.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (06.27.17) SAN DIEGO, CA (Valley View Casino Center) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
Daniel Bryan opened the show by coming down to the ring and hyping tonight's matches but then Carmella [w/James Ellsworth] interrupted and referred to Smackdown Live as "the land of injustice" because of her being stripped of her Money in the Bank briefcase. She again stressed that the match had no rules and that "the first person to gain possession of the contract wins the match" and also cited precedence about people interfering in other MITB ladder matches. Bryan responded by saying that no one has ever handed a participant the actual briefcase and his decision would stand. Ellsworth claimed Bryan had some phony injury so Bryan responded by not only banning him from the match but had security remove him from the entire building. Bryan sarcastically wished Carmella good luck and left the ring. 1) Tag Team Champions The Usos def. The Hype Bros in a non-title #1 contendership match by pinfall in 5:40 when Ryder was pinned with the top-rope splash. There seemed to be some timing issues as the three count aired immediately after the commercial break. After the contest, The New Day interrupted and said they would take down the Usos at Battleground but the champions responded by saying that the New Day don't deserve a shot... but they did accept the challenge anyway. Breezango interrogated The Ascension in another edition of Fashion Vice but the duo denied trashing their office. While the interrogatees enjoyed their cheese tray, Breezango's office was trashed again and thus the mystery will continue. 2) Women's Champion Naomi def. Lana by pinfall in 42 seconds with a split-legged moonsault. Becky Lynch cut a brief promo about tonight's MITB rematch. Aiden English performed a brief operatic before Randy Orton interrupted the proceedings. During the commercial break, Orton laid English out with the RKO and then when the show came back, he was sitting on a chair in the middle of the ring. Orton demanded another rematch for the WWE Championship and if not, he threatened to go to the back and beat the hell out of Jinder and then every other day after that as well. Shane McMahon answered the call and said that Orton can't be out here threatening Mahal's safety or staging sit-ins during a live show. Orton even threatened to show up in the crowds with a ticket and attack Mahal at every show whether he gets arrested or not. Shane empathizes with Orton and granted him a rematch for Battleground but there will be a stipulation and Jinder would get to choose it. Soon after, Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers made their presence known with naming the stipulation as the Punjabi Prison match. Daniel Bryan announced that there will be an Independence Day Battle Royale next week with the winner getting a shot at Kevin Owens' United States Title. Mike & Maria Kanellis came out to cut a promo but were interrupted by Sami Zayn as he made his way out for his match. 3) Baron Corbin def. Sami Zayn by pinfall in 8:10 with the End of Days. 4) Carmella def. Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Natalya and Tamina in the Money in the Bank Ladder match in 24:28. Ellsworth interfered but Becky took him out and then Carmella was able to capitalize with a chairshot and won the briefcase for the second time.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (06.20.17) DAYTON, OH (Nutter Center) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
Miss Money in the Bank Carmella [w/James Ellsworth] came down to the ring to open the show amidst the controversy surrounding the finish of the Miss MITB Ladder Match. Carmella said she didn't care about how she won the match and she didn't do it for 'girl power.' She talked about being overlooked for too long and using her intelligence to get the one-up on everyone else in the match. Carm also mentioned that there were no rules in the match so she didn't do anything illegal. She told them to stop with the "Daniel Bryan" chants and added that Bryan better just reinforce the decision that was made on Sunday. Charlotte Flair made her case to Daniel that the 'no disqualifications' rule should have only applied to the people legally in the match. The New Day came down to the ring to talk about Tag Team Champions The Usos decided to walk out on their match at Money in the Bank and get themselves counted out. After some more promo work, the champs came down so Jimmy could compete in singles action... 1) Big E [w/New Day] def. Jimmy Uso [w/Jey Uso] (Tag Team Champions) by pinfall in 3:19 after he executed the Big Ending. Natalya and Tamina made their case to Bryan after welcoming him back in a slightly more-than-disingenuous way. Lana interrupted an interview with Women's Champion Naomi to say that Carmella is the only reason that she is still the champion. Lana asked for a rematch but Naomi said that she won fair and square. However, she said that she is a fighting champion so it will happen next week. Tom Philips interviewed Randy Orton about the loss at Money in the Bank. Orton said he lost his head when the Singh Brothers went after his father and that crossed the line. He will do whatever he can to hurt Jinder bad and he doesn't care about the title anymore. 2) Shinsuke Nakamura def. Dolph Ziggler by pinfall in 16:50 with the Kinshasa. After Daniel Bryan told Sami Zayn that he would get a match with Baron Corbin next week, Becky Lynch showed up to make her case about Money in the Bank. Becky asked what she can do because everyone always cuts in front of her while she continues to do the right thing. United States Champion Kevin Owens came down to the ring to give a title shot to any wrestler from Dayton, Ohio. AJ Styles seemed ready to answer the challenge and got in the ring but Owens shuts him down because he said that it would have to be a guy from Ohio. Thus, American Alpha came down and Chad Gable said that he qualified because he "just moved to Dayton... this morning." AJ then announced that it would take place right now... 3) United States Champion Kevin Owens def. Chad Gable by pinfall in 5:58 when he executed the Pop-Up Powerbomb. AJ Styles provided color commentary during the match. The Hype Bros made their case for being the #1 contenders after winning the battle royale prior to Ryder's injury. Daniel Bryan says that the tag division has changed a lot since then but gives them an opportunity if they can beat The Usos in a non-title match next week. Daniel Bryan gathered all the women (and James Ellsworth) to make a decision on the ladder match winner and mentioned that no one has ever climbed the ladder and grabbed the briefcase for someone else. The women kept fighting and bickering with each other and Bryan even threatened to punch Ellsworth in the face over a comment he made about his new daughter. Bryan said that next week on Smackdown, they will have a Money in the Bank rematch and that the briefcase is now declared vacant. The women brawled with each other and Becky and Charlotte made Carmella tap out to end the show. 4) WWE Champion Jinder Mahal [w/Singh Brothers] def. Luke Harper by pinfall in 9:40 when he executed the Khallas. During the match, Baron Corbin came out with the briefcase but it was all part of his mind games with the champion. After the match, Randy Orton ran down to the ring and took out the Singh Brothers but Mahal was able to escape relatively unscathed.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (06.13.17) NEW ORLEANS, LA (Smoothie King Center) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
The show started with the New Day cutting an in-ring promo on facing the Usos for the titles this Sunday but not before they were accompanied by a big New Orleans band. The Usos interrupted, who were then followed by Breezango and finally The Colons so our 8-man tag team opener could get started... right after the commercial break. 1) Breezango/New Day [w/Big E] vs. Tag Team Champions The Usos/The Colons by pinfall in 14:26 when Xavier scored the pin with a top-rope foot stomp. Sami Zayn acted like a dork while talking strategy with AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. Mojo Rawley was thankful for last week's opportunity and said he would bounce back from defeat to up his own game in the future. He promised that the best was yet to come before Zack Ryder returned and told him that he's back and they have some unfinished business as the Hype Bros. 2) Women's Champion Naomi def. Tamina by pinfall in 5:08 when she nailed her with a split-legged moonsault. Before the match began, Lana came down to watch from the ringside area. After Naomi picked up the win, Lana nailed her from behind and executed a modified sit-out powerbomb. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal [w/Singh Brothers] came out for the face-to-face confrontation with Randy Orton. Mahal started out by noting some luminaries that would be present at Money in the Bank including Bob Orton and then referred to the former champion as a de-fanged garden snake. After the brothers awaited Orton's entrance after his music started playing, the Viper came out of nowhere and layed out Mahal with the RKO. He then exited through the crowd and struck a pose while the Singhs tended to their mentor in the ring. United States Champion Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler talk strategy for the main event. 3) Charlotte Flair def. Natalya by pinfall in 8:16 after hitting her with a somewhat-botched Natural Selection. Another edition of the Fashion Files was shown with Tyler Breeze having been attacked by "greasy monsters with dry skin." After Fandango finished his cruel artist's rendering of the attackers, the duo left to find them. Lana said she will shock the world and "crush" Naomi to become the first-ever ravishing Smackdown Women's Champion. 4) AJ Style/Sami Zayn/Shinsuke Nakamura def. United States Champion Kevin Owens/Baron Corbin/Dolph Ziggler by pinfall in 12:55 when Zayn pinned Corbin. Following the contest, the superstars all brawled for a while before Baron Corbin stood tall after knocking all his foes down with a ladder. Nakamura pushed Corbin off the ladder though and posed with the briefcase in hand to end the show.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (06.06.17) ROCHESTER, NY (Blue Cross Arena) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
The show began with the Women's Money in the Bank competitors (and James Ellsworth) in the ring and Shane McMahon making his entrance to join them. Shane revealed the bright white briefcase and went over the rules with the winner getting a shot at the Smackdown Women's Title anytime they want for an entire year. James told Shane not to mansplain the whole thing because Carmella is obviously going to win anyway. Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Natalya and Tamina each got their chance to speak as well before Women's Champion Naomi decided to make her way out to join the fray and says that even though she loved being the champion, she would've loved to have been in the match. The next interruption came from Lana, who FINALLY made her debut on the Smackdown brand and came down to the ring. Shane said that this really didn't work for him but Lana said that she would like to be added to the ladder match. The other competitors laughed it off and then Lana told Naomi she could beat her in a match. Shane told her to earn that opportunity so Lana became very upset and left the ring. Shane then said it was time for the 6-women tag team match. 1) The Welcoming Committee def. Becky Lynch, Charlotte & Women's Champion Naomi by pinfall in 10:54 when Tamina pinned Naomi with a superkick following interference from Lana. Mojo Rawley told Shane that he's felt like a ghost lately on Smackdown by not making any appearances for a long while and reminded him that he's beaten WWE Champion Jinder Mahal. Shane then gave Mojo a match tonight against Jinder and if he is to win, he would earn a spot in Money in the Bank ladder match. 2) AJ Styles def. Dolph Ziggler by pinfall in 6:56 when he hit him with the Styles Clash. Another edition of the Fashion Files ("Dumb On Arrival") featured Breezango confusing each other over the use of Colon/cologne. New Day then arrived in their office and asked for some help on a case. After some arguing over fashion choices, Fandango told them that they don't take bribes. However, Tyler Breeze was quick to accept the payoff. The New Day were awarded with some "intel" on The Usos and then backed out of the office awkwardly. 3) WWE Champion Jinder Mahal [w/Singh Brothers] def. Mojo Rawley in a non-title match by pinfall in 3:57 when he hit him with the Khalass. After the contest, Mahal cut a promo on facing Orton in his first title defense at Money in the Bank. 4) The New Day [w/Kofi Kingston] def. The Colons by pinfall in 7:11 when Woods secured the pinfall following the Midnight Hour. After the contest, Tag Team Champions The Usos interrupted and cut a promo on facing the New Day at Money in the Bank. Sami Zayn cut a promo on the upcoming Money in the Bank match and mentioned that he's been picking up on all his opponents' characteristics. The only one he couldn't figure out is Shinsuke Nakamura so he will come back later to do commentary on Nakamura vs. Owens. Baron Corbin then interrupted and gave Zayn a cheapshot followed by a shot to the back with a ladder. He then rammed Zayn into a stack of ladders and decided to take over his commentary spot in the main event. 5) Shinsuke Nakamura def. United States Champion Kevin Owens in a non-title match by pinfall in 10:37 when he hit the Kinshasa. After the match, Baron Corbin jumped off commentary and laid out Nakamura with End of Days.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (05.30.17) ATLANTA, GA (Philips Arena) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
United States Champion Kevin Owens hosted his own version of the Highlight Reel and brought out his guest and fellow Money in the Bank match opponent, Shinsuke Nakamura. Owens reminded Nakamura of the last "rock star" he had to deal with when he ended Chris Jericho and said that Money in the Bank would be the day that the music died. Baron Corbin then interrupted and showed highlights of his destruction of Sami Zayn last week so Owens told him to get lost. Corbin then referred to Owens as "Cartman" just before Nakamura reminded Owens that he pinned him last week and that Sami beat Corbin twice in a row. Zayn then ran in to make the save as Nakamura was attacked by both Owens and Corbin. Sami suggested a tag match with he and Nakamura taking on Owens and Corbin right NOW. 1) Sami Zayn & Shinsuke Nakamura def. Baron Corbin & United States Champion Kevin Owens by pinfall in 11:11 when Nakamura pinned Owens with Kinshasa following some miscommunication with the heel team. Tag Team Champions The Usos stood in the ring and cut a promo about how the people thought that American Alpha or Breezango would take their titles but they still stand tall as champions. They were then interrupted by the Smackdown debut of The New Day! The trio quickly made their desires known for the Smackdown Tag Team Titles and announced that Shane McMahon has made it official - The Usos will defend their titles against the New Day at Money in the Bank. A lengthy video package highlighted the recent successful run of Jinder Mahal as he picked up wins, won the WWE Championship and had his Punjabi Celebration last week. Another edition of the Fashion Files was shown with Fandango doing a film noir parody of The Man Who Knew Too Much. Tyler Breeze was "still undercover" and the duo had found their next case. The five-way elimination women's match didn't even get a chance to start as all the women brawled all over the ring and outside the ring, culminating in Charlotte powerbombing Nattie through the announce table. Shane then came out and announced that there would be a rematch in the first-ever Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match. 2) Breezango def. The Colons by pinfall in 8:03 when Breeze (dressed as "Carl the Janitor") got the pinfall following the Unprettier. AJ Styles cut a promo on facing Dolph Ziggler later tonight. Ziggler interrupted to offer his own promo in response. Randy Orton came out to cut a promo on facing WWE Champion Jinder Mahal at Money in the Bank. He talked a lot about his family legacy and then wrapped it up but he was interrupted by Mahal's music and the champion appeared on the big screen alongside the Singh Brothers to cut a promo of his own. 3) Dolph Ziggler def. AJ Styles by pinfall in 11:52 when he hit the superkick while Styles was tied up in the ropes.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (05.23.17) TOLEDO, OH (Huntington Center) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
A long police escort brought out a limo containing the new WWE Champion Jinder Mahal. Before he got out, the Singh Brothers rolled out a carpet for him to step on as he would have his Punjabi Celebration later tonight. Shane McMahon came down to the ring to open the show while the Money in the Bank briefcase was hanging above the ring. Shane announced that Mahal would defend his newly-won title against Randy Orton in a rematch at the show and then announced five Money in the Bank participants: AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler and Shinsuke Nakamura. At first, United States Champion Kevin Owens made his way out but Shane quickly informed him that he would not be an official participant and then brought Nakamura out to the ring. Kevin protested not being in the match so eventually Shane made him an official participant as well. Baron suggested that they just hand him the briefcase now and get it over with but Styles reminded him that this is the house that he built. Sami and Corbin almost got into a brawl and then Ziggler reminded everyone that he's the only one that has previously won this kind of match AND won the title shortly afterwards. Nakamura then got his turn and reminded everyone of who he was. Shane then booked Sami vs. Corbin in a rematch and a tag match with Owens & Ziggler taking on the dream team of Styles & Nakamura both for tonight. 1) Becky Lynch & Charlotte def. The Welcoming Committee (Carmella/Nattie) [w/Tamina] by submission in 7:37 when Becky made Carmella tap out to the Dis-Arm-Her. 2) Sami Zayn def. Baron Corbin by pinfall in 21 seconds when he rolled him up out of nowhere. After the match, Corbin beat the hell out of Zayn in response to the embarrassing loss. Sami ended up doing a stretcher job. AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura talk strategy with each other but argue a bit over who will lead the team. In the latest installment of the Fashion Files, the tandem of Breezango questioned if this could be their final installment. Shane McMahon becomes an unwilling castmember of this episode as Breezango "turn in their badges" and then a number of other fashion items. Shane said that they have already proved themselves and says that Tyler Breeze will take on Jey Uso while Fandango will face Jimmy Uso, both of which will take place here tonight. The Punjabi Celebration was the next order of business as there was tons of fanfare and vast amounts of exquisite culture during the introductions. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal then made his way to the ring alongside the Singh Brothers and talked about being the champion and making his Indian brethren proud. 3) Tyler Breeze [w/Fandango] def. Tag Team Champion Jey Uso [w/Tag Team Champion Jimmy Uso] by pinfall in 25 seconds when Fandango shot Jey with a squirt gun. 4) Fandango [w/Tyler Breeze] vs. Tag Team Champion Jimmy Uso [w/Tag Team Champion Jey Uso] by pinfall in 42 seconds when Breeze distracted Jimmy by running around the ring. Breezango then challenged the champs to give them a rematch... and it's accepted for RIGHT NOW. The ref checks with Shane in the back by talking to him on a headset and it's made official. 5) Tag Team Champions The Usos def. Breezango by pinfall in 2:57 when Fandango was pinned following a top-rope splash. Natalya asks for a title shot since she got the victory in the 6-man tag at WWE Backlash. However, she gets arguments from Carmella, Becky Lynch, Tamina and Charlotte Flair regarding that particular honour. Shane McMahon settles it by scheduling a fatal five-way elimination match between them all next week with the winner getting the title shot against Naomi at Money in the Bank. 6) AJ Styles & Shinsuke Nakamura def. United States Champion Kevin Owens & Dolph Ziggler by pinfall in 24:46 when Nakamura hit Owens with the Kinshasa.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (05.16.17) MANCHESTER, NH (SNHU Arena) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
The show began with United States Champion Kevin Owens doing his own version of the Highlight Reel until he was interrupted by AJ Styles, who promised to beat him for the championship this Sunday so he can bring it back to the USA. AJ suggested that they brawl right now but that triggered the appearance of Jinder Mahal, who said that he was supposed to be the intended guest of the talk show. He showed footage of defeating Orton last week and said that it will happen again this Sunday at Backlash. AJ told him to focus on tonight and then when he was prodded by both Mahal and Owens, he got into the ring and scared the US Champion off. AJ then called Jinder in right now so they could start their match. Owens joined the announce table for color commentary. 1) Jinder Mahal def. AJ Styles by pinfall in 15:40 with the cobra clutch slam after Owens hit AJ in the leg with the US Championship. Another edition of the Fashion Police was shown featuring Breezango continuing their investigation. WWE Champion Randy Orton cut a promo on facing Jinder Mahal at Backlash. 2) Breezango def. The Colons by pinfall in 3:18 when Fandango got the victory over Epico following a falcon arrow. After the match, Tag Team Champions The Usos came out to cut a promo on the victorious team and told them that the fun and games will be over at Backlash. Shane McMahon came out to the ring to moderate a contract signing between The Welcoming Committee (consisting of Natalya, Tamina & Carmella (and James Ellsworth)) and the team of Charlotte Flair, Women's Champion Naomi & Becky Lynch. After some back-and-forth between the ladies, Ellsworth turned down all the females on the opposite team and then Naomi jumped him. However, before a brawl could break out... Shane made it Naomi vs. Carmella next! 3) Carmella [w/Welcoming Committee] def. Women's Champion Naomi [w/Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair] by pinfall in 11:20 when she rolled her up after a distraction was provided due to both teams brawling with each other. Dolph Ziggler showed a video of all the remarkable things that Shinsuke Nakamura has done on the main roster. There was no footage so Ziggler instead showed a video package of his own accomplishments. Sami Zayn talked about how he now has a match against Baron Corbin at Backlash. Before he could get very far, Corbin attacked him from behind. 4) WWE Champion Randy Orton def. Baron Corbin by pinfall in 13:20 when he hit the RKO. After the match, Jinder Mahal came down to cut a promo about defeating him at Backlash for the WWE Championship. This distraction allowed the Singh Brothers to attack from behind and for Mahal to nail the champion with the cobra clutch slam.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (05.09.17) LONDON, ENGLAND (O2 Arena) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
WWE Champion Randy Orton opened the show in the ring but was interrupted by Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers. Jinder even showed off some photos of himself with the WWE Championship in preparation of his expected victory. As he made his way to the ring, there was another interruption and this time it was from United States Champion Kevin Owens, who said that no one cares about either of them and they should just care about him. Owens talks about ending Chris Jericho's career last week and then adding that he would also end AJ Styles' career at Backlash. Owens threatened to eventually capture the WWE Championship as well when he becomes the face of the company. This brought out AJ Styles who said that Owens should enjoy being the "new face of America" because he will never be the face of Smackdown Live. Baron Corbin was the last to come out but he got jumped by Sami Zayn in the aisle. The Singhs managed to pull Jinder to safety and the heels made their way to the back. James Ellsworth referred to the crowd as a bunch of "daft plunkers" and told everyone to drop to a knee before Carmella (along with Tamina) introduced Natalya to the ring. Becky Lynch was brought to the ring by Women's Champion Naomi but then Charlotte joined the fray and stood by Becky & Naomi. 1) Natalya [w/Carmella, James Ellsworth & Tamina] def. Becky Lynch by pinfall in 3:02 when Becky is distracted by all the brawling between both teams on the outside. There was some tension between Naomi & Charlotte following the match. Charlotte and Naomi argued in the back before Becky separate both of them before saying that they need to stick together against the Welcoming Committee. Becky announced they would face the committee in a 6-woman tag team match at Backlash. Another edition of Fashion Police featured Breezango investigating facepaint on the floor of the arena but it led to them finding The Ascension just hyping each other up. 2) Erick Rowan def. Luke Harper by pinfall in 4:17 when he raked his eyes and hit a spinning powerslam. Dolph Ziggler came down to the ring to call out Shinsuke Nakamura for a confrontation. Nakamura said they could do this right now and then the referee even came down but Ziggler quickly said "nope" and then jumped him. However, Nakamura cleared him from the ring. Sami Zayn talked to his partners AJ Styles and WWE Champion Randy Orton, which furthered his 'geek' gimmick that he was given for a while on RAW. Eventually, both guys left the locker room. 3) Breezango def. The Ascension by pinfall in 2:37 when Fandango hit Viktor with the Last Dance. The Usos then came down after the match and cut a promo on facing them in 12 days at Backlash. Mojo Rawley told a group of kids about his upbringing and then showed off his Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale trophy. One of the kids kicked him in the leg, which he laughed off. 4) United States Champion Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin & Jinder Mahal [w/The Singh Brothers] def. WWE Champion Randy Orton, AJ Styles & Sami Zayn by pinfall in 20:49 when Mahal hit Orton with the cobra clutch slam and got the win.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (05.02.17) FRESNO, CA (Save Mart Center) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
Jinder Mahal was taking photographs with Randy Orton's stolen WWE Championship before Shane McMahon came over and took it away from him while also noting that he'll be taking on Sami Zayn tonight in singles action. Shane McMahon made his way to the ring and welcomed the new United States Champion Chris Jericho and welcomed everyone to the "Show of Jericho" ("smack it down, mannnnnnn!") Shane mentioned that Jericho would defend the title against Kevin Owens tonight but AJ Styles was the one to come down and interrupt. He talked about being excited to take the title from him at Backlash if he makes it to the end of the night with the championship still in tact. Jericho was about to put AJ on the list for not thinking he could retain the title tonight but was interrupted by Kevin Owens, who said that he would take back what is rightfully his when he beats Jericho to get his championship back. He told Styles to get out of his ring... so he did by jumping Owens in the aisle and a number of officials having to break it up. 1) Jinder Mahal def. Sami Zayn by pinfall in 10:52 when he hit him with the arm-trap neckbreaker after interference from the Singh Brothers. Natalya tried to convince Becky Lynch to join her, Carmella (with James Ellsworth) and Tamina in the fight against Charlotte Flair. Becky said she would think about it. Dolph Ziggler complained about an entire PPV being built around Shinsuke Nakamura who isn't even here tonight. Shane re-iterated that his name was Shinsuke Nakamura but Dolph said what he does to Sin Cara tonight would be impressive. Aiden English did his singing intro and it seemed to be his permanent gimmick now. 2) Tye Dillinger def. Aiden English by pinfall in 1:04 when he hit him with the Tyebreaker. After the match, Aiden was visibly upset. Chris Jericho was in the middle of an interview conducted by Renee Young when he spotted a crying Aiden English. At first, he comforted him but then not surprisingly, added him to the List. Charlotte Flair talked about the "so-called welcome committee" and mentioned that the Smackdown Women's Championship is her destiny. She was jumped by Natalya, Carmella and Tamina though and they left her laid out. 3) Carmella/Natalya (with Tamina & James Ellsworth) def. Smackdown Women's Champion Naomi/Charlotte by pinfall in 11:42 when Carmella rolled Naomi up following a distraction from James Ellsworth. After the attack on Charlotte prior to the match, she was only able to make it to the ring later on. Becky Lynch then came out and shook hands with the heels before attacking them and getting beaten down as well. 4) Dolph Ziggler def. Sin Cara by pinfall in 4:33 with the superkick. The first episode of The Fashion Files is shown with Breezango working as actual fashion police. 5) Kevin Owens def. United States Champion Chris Jericho by pinfall to win the title in 12:37 when he hit him with the Pop-Up Powerbomb. Owens then followed up with two more powerbombs and then put a steel chair around Jericho's neck and rammed him into the ringpost.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (04.25.17) DES MOINES, IA (Wells Fargo Arena) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
The night started off with an in-ring interview with Shinsuke Nakamura conducted by Renee Young. Well, it barely got off to a start before Dolph Ziggler interrupted by coming down to the ring. Dolph spent a lot of time antagonizing him so Nakamura responded by asking what his problem was followed by speaking in Japanese. Ziggler hit him with a superkick but Nakamura fought back. Dolph was able to escape the Kinshasa at the last minute though. United States Champion Kevin Owens joins the announce table for color commentary. 1) AJ Styles def. Baron Corbin by pinfall in 10:48 when he reversed a powerbomb into a sunset flip after superkicking an interfering Kevin Owens. Owens and Corbin prepared to double-team AJ but Sami Zayn ran out and nailed Corbin with the Helluva Kick. Owens then attacked Sami from behind and laid Styles out with the Pop-Up Powerbomb. Charlotte Flair talked about needing a new kingdom to rule and said that she would need the Smackdown Women's Championship to exist. 2) American Alpha def. The Colons by pinfall in a Beat the Clock Challenge in 5:17 when Gable got the pinfall following their Grand Amplitude finish. Rusev sent a pre-recorded message about how he doesn't like Daniel Bryan or Shane McMahon so he will only appear on the show when he is given a championship match at Money in the Bank. Becky Lynch said her relationship with Charlotte Flair is complicated and that brought about the interruption by Natalya, Carmella, Tamina and James Ellsworth to say that she is either with them or against them. 3) WWE Champion Randy Orton def. Erick Rowan by pinfall in a No DQ Match in 12:14. The end came when Orton sent Rowan head-first into a chair in the corner and then finished him off with the RKO. Orton cut a post-match promo not knowing what a House of Horrors match would entail but did ensure Bray Wyatt that the match would simply be the former champion's "eternal hell." Suddenly, Orton was interrupted by the #1 contender Jinder Mahal, who was angered over Orton disrespecting and overlooking him. Mahal promised to take his WWE Title and added that he has more class, wealth, talent and culture than anyone in the entire arena. He accused Orton of disrespecting him because of his arrogance and lack of tolerance but then said he would take his deserved respect at Backlash when he beats him for the championship. Jinder then spoke in his native tongue and went after Orton but got attacked. He went to give Jinder the DDT using the ropes but the Bollywood Boys made their way out to help triple-team the champion. Jinder then left with Orton's championship and posed with it on the entrance ramp. Another vignette was shown for Lana to hype her new dancing gimmick. 4) Breezango def. The Ascension by pinfall in a Beat the Clock Challenge in 2:42 when Fandango got the victory following a falcon arrow. They beat American Alpha's time and thus will be the #1 contenders for Backlash. Naomi talked about how Charlotte Flair was about to "feel the glow." 5) Smackdown Women's Champion Naomi vs. Charlotte Flair ended in a No Contest in 10:32 when Natalya, Carmella and Tamina attacked both competitors. The three ladies then stood tall alongside James Ellsworth as both Naomi and Charlotte were laid out.
WWE SmackDown Live Results Monday, April 18, 2017 From the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky
RIP Rosey The show opens with a recap video of last week's big shake-up. Charlotte Flair makes her way down to the ring to kick things off. The Queen says she's grown impatient and wants a shot at the SmackDown Women's Title. Naomi comes out and says she'll give Charlotte what she wants because she's not scared. Naomi drops the mic and attacks her. Shane McMahon comes out and says people have to earn their opportunities. Shane books a singles match for tonight. Charlotte gets back in the ring and beats Naomi up, tossing her out of the ring. Naomi gets back in and tosses Charlotte out to counter. Natalya, Carmella (and Ellsworth) walk into Shane McMahon's office and complain about not receiving a title shot. Tamina interrupts an argument. Natalya suggests they all go and talk about it. Everyone leaves the office as Shane looks puzzled. 1) #1 Contender's Match: Jinder Mahal def. Sami Zayn, Mojo Rawley, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, & Dolph Ziggler in 18:37. The Bollywood Boyz showed up and distracted Sami Zayn, leading to Mahal pinning Zayn to win. Mahal cut a promo afterwards. Randy Orton comes out and says Mahal's prize won't be the title, it'll be an RKO. Bray Wyatt appears on the tron for a mysterious promo/video to close the segment. A vignette for New Day and Shinsuke Nakamura airs. Backstage, AJ Styles talks about winning last week's triple threat when Baron Corbin interrupts. Styles challenges him to a singles match. Charlotte is shown walking to the ring and runs into Tamina, Natalya, Carmella, and Ellsworth. 2) Charlotte def. Naomi via Natural Selection in 12:51. Charlotte will get her title shot next week. 3) The Colons def. American Alpha via dirty roll-up in 3 minutes. Backstage, Tye Dillinger is asked as to why he's so over. He shows us a video package of his popular entrances and ring work. Kevin Owens comes out for his Face of America Open Challenge. He introduces himself and the jobber that is already in the ring. 4) Kevin Owens def. Gary Gandy via Pop-Up Powerbomb in 30 seconds. Owens cuts a promo and announces he'll be on commentary for the main event. 5) AJ Styles def. Baron Corbin via count-out in 13 minutes. At the end, Corbin tossed AJ into Owens at commentary. Corbin was knocked over the barricade before Styles slipped back in the ring in time.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (04.11.17) BOSTON, MA (TD Garden) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Byron Saxton
... and we started off strong with a suited and clean-shaven Kevin Owens with his United States Championship slung over his shoulder. He talked about how Canadians made for better athletes than Americans and said that the Montreal Canadiens beat the Boston Bruins every single time. Owens said that he could beat the hell out of anyone in the locker room and would be the new face of America. This brought about an interruption from Baron Corbin, who agreed that Kevin could beat up most of the locker room... except him. Corbin brought up how he beat up Ambrose that he ran to RAW and thus beat up Owens so bad that he ran to Smackdown. Mathematically, that made it so that Owens wouldn't be much of a problem for him and now he wanted a championship match. However, the next man to come over from RAW was Sami Zayn, whose arrival immediately made Kevin assure himself that this couldn't be real. Corbin told Sami that no one cared about him being on RAW but that was quickly broken up as well when AJ Styles came out next. He said that this is the house he built and he is STILL here. Daniel Bryan came out and said that the winner of Owens/Jericho at Payback would officially join the blue brand as the United States Champion. The winner of Styles/Sami/Corbin in a triple threat match tonight would be the #1 contender to that very title and face the winner of the Payback title match. 1) WWE Champion Randy Orton def. Erick Rowan by DQ in a non-title match in 3:41. Orton dominated the match until Bray Wyatt appeared on the big screen and taunted the champion. Rowan then rammed the steel steps into Orton's face for the DQ. He then laid out Orton with a full nelson slam to end the segment. 2) WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos def. American Alpha by pinfall to retain the titles in 8:51. Lots of very close near falls in this one and the crowd was hot throughout the entire match. One of the bigger spots in the match saw AA hitting the Usos with stereo belly-to-belly suplexes on the outside but the ending came when the Usos did a blind tag spot and then finished off Gable with a top-rope splash. After the match, Primo & Epico switched over to Smackdown to attack American Alpha. 3) Mojo Rawley def. Jinder Mahal by pinfall in 2:43. Rob Gronkowski got involved again and this time he threw beer all over Mahal. Mojo then got the win with a NASTY shoulderblock/forearm into the corner. Shane McMahon came down to the ring to address the state of the women's division. Shane then brought out the entire women's division so that they could all welcome the newest addition from RAW. Smackdown Women's Champion Naomi, Natalya, Carmella (along with James Ellsworth), and Becky Lynch. Shane congratulates Naomi on her Wrestlemania victory but Ellsworth says that Carmella is the only reason people tune into this show. Naomi tells Carm to control her "side-chick." Shane then welcomed Tamina to Smackdown Live. The crowd was a bit upset about that but Shane then introduced the second addition: Charlotte Flair. Sin Cara and Rusev are now on Smackdown Live. 4) Tye Dillinger def. Aiden English by pinfall in 2:21. Tye gets the win following the Tyebreaker. Dolph Ziggler talked about how he decided to stay on the show... and then Shinsuke Nakamura interrupted him. Dolph questioned who he was so Shinsuke introduced himself amidst the cheers from the crowd. Dolph then tried to superkick him but Nakamura caught his foot and psyched him out, causing Dolph to bail to the back. A video package focusing on Baron Corbin was shown. 5) AJ Styles def. Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin by pinfall in a triple threat match in 16:44. Corbin controlled much of the match but the momentum continued to sway between all three competitors throughout the contest. The finish came when Styles nailed Zayn with the Phenomenal Forearm for the three count.
SMACKDOWN! LIVE (04.04.17) ORLANDO, FL (Amway Center) Commentators: Tom Phillips, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, David Otunga
The new WWE Champion Randy Orton started off the show by heading to the ring with belt in hand and talking about how he is now the master of the world. Bray Wyatt interrupted on the big screen and talked about his impending rematch before announcing that he wanted to fight him and drive him to "a new level of insanity." Wyatt called it the House of Horrors match and despite not knowing what it is, Orton accepted the challenge and called him down for a fight. However, the lights went out and when they returned, Wyatt appeared behind Orton and jumped him. Orton managed a powerslam but then Erick Rowan made his return to the company and helped to beat down the champion! Suddenly, Luke Harper then ran down and managed to take both Rowan and Wyatt down. Miz and Maryse talked about backing John Cena into a corner so much that he had to save face and propose to Nikki at Wrestlemania. Miz said that they are going to call both of them out and it would be the last time we see either babyface for a very long time. 1) Smackdown Women's Champion Naomi def. Alexa Bliss by submission to retain the title in 10:07. The crowd seemed pretty split between both competitors despite the show taking place in Naomi's hometown. The match covered the span of a commercial break and much of it was Bliss working over Naomi's previous injury. A big kick to the head from Naomi gave her a very dramatic two count as did the Rear View. The finish came when Naomi made Bliss tap out to some kind of koji clutch variation. Curt Hawkins made an open challenge and gave anyone in the locker room TEN SECONDS to come out and face him... 2) Tye Dillinger def. Curt Hawkins by pinfall in 1:56. The crowd went insane for the appearance of Tye Dillinger and chanted "Ten!" at everything he did. Tye got the win with the Tyebreaker in a rather quick victory. Mojo Rawley talked about winning the battle royale at Wrestlemania and said that it's only the beginning of his accomplishments on the show. The Miz and Maryse came down to the ring dressed as John Cena and Nikki Bella, respectively. After sharing a forced 'romantic' moment, Miz reported that Cena and Bella were leaving forever. Suddenly, a violin player appeared in the aisle playing a very familiar theme song... and who should come out but Shinsuke Nakamura! He played to the crowd for a bit and then the show went to commercial. 3) Baron Corbin def. Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose by pinfall in a non-title Street Fight in 10:55. There was one fairly vicious spot with Ambrose going absolutely nuts on Corbin with a leather strap. He also managed to elbowdrop Corbin through a table on the floor by launching himself from the top rope. The end came when Corbin caught Ambrose with the End of Days for the victory. Shane McMahon made his way to the ring to discuss the superstar shake-up to take place on RAW. Before he could get very far though, AJ Styles made the interruption while sporting a nasty-looking shiner but he did shake Shane's hand for giving him the fight of his life at Wrestlemania. AJ also stated that he would like to stay on the blue brand if he could choose. 4) WWE Champion Randy Orton and Luke Harper def. The Wyatt Family by pinfall in 11:52. The lights went out just as Orton was about to hit Bray with the RKO but Orton then RKO'ed Rowan and picked up the win. Bray Wyatt then laughed on the ramp for some reason while Orton and Harper reveled in the victory.
TUESDAY, MAR 28
AJ Styles and Shane McMahon signed the contract for their match at WrestleMania Becky Lynch vs. Carmella ended in a no contest Alexa Bliss & Carmella def. Becky Lynch & Mickie James “Miz TV” ends on a totally serious note between SmackDown LIVE’s “It” couples Mojo Rawley, Heath Slater, Rhyno & American Alpha def. Dolph Ziggler, Breezango & The Usos Bray Wyatt def. Luke Harper
TUESDAY, MAR 21 MOHEGAN SUN ARENA UNCASVILLE, CT
AJ Styles accepted Shane McMahon’s challenge for WrestleMania The Usos def. American Alpha to capture the SmackDown Tag Team Championship Randy Orton def. Baron Corbin Bray Wyatt played mind games with Randy Orton backstage John Cena def. Fandango Carmella vs. Becky Lynch ended in a no contest AJ Styles and Shane McMahon gave the WWE Universe a small WrestleMania preview
TUESDAY, MAR 14 PPG PAINTS ARENA PITTSBURGH, PA
AJ Styles called out the SmackDown LIVE front office Becky Lynch def. Natalya John Cena & Nikki Bella will battle The Miz & Maryse at WrestleMania Mickie James def. Alexa Bliss AJ Styles ambushed Shane McMahon in the parking lot Mojo Rawley def. Dolph Ziggler by Count-Out Bray Wyatt informed Randy Orton that he possesses the power of Sister Abigail The Usos def. American Alpha Shane McMahon seemingly called AJ Styles out for WrestleMania
TUESDAY, MAR 7
Shane McMahon & Daniel Bryan put the WrestleMania WWE Championship picture in perspective John Cena & Nikki Bella def. James Ellsworth & Carmella Dean Ambrose called out Baron Corbin for the second straight week and got more than he bargained for Alexa Bliss hosted SmackDown LIVE’s Women’s Division “Blissertation” Alexa Bliss & Mickie James def. Becky Lynch & Natalya Randy Orton def. AJ Styles to become the official No. 1 contender for the WWE Title at WrestleMania AJ Styles and Shane McMahon got into a heated argument backstage
TUESDAY, FEB 28 XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST PAUL, MN
Matters on “Miz TV” get explosive between John Cena, The Miz, Maryse and Nikki Bella Becky Lynch def. Mickie James in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match AJ Styles def. Luke Harper to become No. 1 Contender to WWE Champion Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania Dean Ambrose vs. Curt Hawkins never occurred; Ambrose calls out Baron Corbin Dolph Ziggler def. Apollo Crews in a Chairs Match Randy Orton burns down The Wyatt Family Compound during Bray Wyatt’s Invocation
TUESDAY, FEB 21 CITIZENS BUSINESS BANK ARENA ONTARIO, CA
Naomi relinquished the SmackDown Women’s Championship Alexa Bliss def. Becky Lynch to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship American Alpha def. Breezango Natalya def. Nikki Bella in Falls Count Anywhere Match The 10-Man Battle Royal to determine the No. 1 Contender to Bray Wyatt’s WWE Championship at WrestleMania ended in controversy
TUESDAY, FEB 14 HONDA CENTER ANAHEIM, CA
A major WWE Championship main event was made for tonight American Alpha def. The Ascension Baron Corbin savagely attacked Dean Ambrose Mickie James def. Becky Lynch New SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi was interrupted by Alexa Bliss WWE Champion Bray Wyatt def. John Cena and AJ Styles in a Triple Threat Match
TUESDAY, FEB 7, KEYARENA SEATTLE, WA
Bryan makes impromptu Fatal 4-Way Match between Elimination Chamber competitors Baron Corbin def. AJ Styles, The Miz and Dean Ambrose in a Fatal 4-Way Match Nikki Bella and Natalya continued their war of words Apollo Crews def. Dolph Ziggler A historic Elimination Chamber dual contract signing turned volatile The Ascension, The Vaudevillains & The Usos def. American Alpha, Breezango & Heath Slater & Rhyno – 12-Man Tag Team Match John Cena def. Randy Orton%3